Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheena.turner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 10:07 PM
    When a house is for sale by owner does it HAVE to be listed?
    I am searching for house I believe to be for sale by owner. I have the address, but I am not sure where to search for a listing or if it even will be listed? Does the owner have the choice not to list?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Sure, but what's the purpose, no one will find it. Google the address.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2011, 04:42 PM

An owner has free choice on how to promote their property for sale. Generally listing using MLS are done through brokers, not by SBOs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2011, 06:26 PM

That is just the point, a sale by owner is almost never put on a MLS listing, since that is done by real estate people.

There is a company called "for sale by owner" I think it is still there, that for a fee lists your home for you,

But normally they put a sign out front, maybe list it on a couple web sites and say they are selling their home
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 21, 2011, 07:30 PM

If you have the address then Google it, buy a map or go to the public library and search city records.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My owner is asking me to move so he can do a short sale on the house [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California. Im currently renting a house and I was just served a 30 day notice to vacate due to the owner trying to have a short sale on the house to avoid it being foreclosed. What are my rights and legally what can I do?

Can an owner collect rent from a tenent that is buying the house in short sale [ 5 Answers ]

If an owner has stopped paying their mortgage and their short sale has been approved , can they collect rent from me if I'm also the buyer? (California)

Non-owner in house for sale [ 2 Answers ]

I am purchasing a house that is currently occupied by the sister of the owner. The sister pays no rent and is obstructing all attempts to get her to move. Owner lives in another state. The house is in FL. Who's responsibility is it to use the legal system to remove this woman from the house so that...

Rented house on 2nd yearly lease just listed for sale? What ? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my family have been renting our house almost now for 2 years this September. We have a yearly lease. Today we received a phone call from a realator asking if they could show the house to clients. Shocked, I proceeded to ask questions. I was told that the house was just put on the market...

How to evict previous owner from short-sale house purchase! [ 4 Answers ]

I am purchasing a home in Sacramento through a short-sale. The bank has sold us the house but the previous owners have stated that they cannot get out by the closing date. What are my options? Thank you!:(

View more questions Search