Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captainstacy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 03:34 PM
    Disorderly conduct charge affecting job opportunities?
    So my fiancé received an unfair obstruction charge and we're getting it reduced to a disorderly conduct. Since it hasn't been ruled on yet his background check showed the obstruction charge. Once we get it reduced will it effect his chances at being hired? This is in Washington state, King county I believe. Any advice would be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2011, 03:55 PM

Any conviction can affect a persons job chances. With unempoyment running high employers may not consider taking a chance. However, it is not what we say here at AMHD, it is up to each individual empolyer to meet you fiancé and determine if he is the right person for the right job. Good luck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by captainstacy View Post
    Once we get it reduced will it effect his chances at being hired?
    Hello captain:

If I was of a mind to discriminate over an obstruction charge, I'd discriminate over a disorderly conduct charge too.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2011, 06:49 PM

Yes, the one is about as bad as the other. In some people mind they may prefer the first charge.

But look at it this way, if there is 100 people applying for the job, 40 have experience, so that leaves out the 60. But of the 40, 10 have criminal charges even minor ones, they will go with the 30 since they don't have any assuming all other things equal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be denied employment due to a disorderly conduct charge [ 5 Answers ]

I just had an offer for a job and I have t go through a background check. I was arrested for disorderly conduct two years ago when I was in college. It was from the university police department. I told them upfront when they asked after they offered the position. Im just wondering if this will...

Disorderly conduct [ 3 Answers ]

Will disorderly conduct stops you from getting a job in most places?could you join the military?or become a state employee?

Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

I've read through and have found contradicting information about this offense so figured I would be better off to just ask. A year and a half ago I was north of chicago off 90 misplaced my wallet at an oasis and while inside was bumped into. I had already had a bad day and reached for my wallet to...

Will a disorderly person charge prevent me from getting a job? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just received a background check and it stated that my charge type is disorderly person and the original gcharge was possess controlled dangerous substance or analog wandering. Sentence time served 42 days Fees; case transferred downgrade to w20050015442019 what ever that is. I want to know...

Disorderly conduct [ 1 Answers ]

I receive a ticket for disordery conduct and been loud. Would this appear on my record. Because I never been arest before or ant charges

View more questions Search