Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beccie Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Will 150 degree water take the sulphur smell out
    We have terrible rotten egg odor from ourhot water tank. The anode has been taken out. Till we get a new water heater will turning up the heat to 150 degrees take the smell out/
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

Jun 21, 2011, 02:26 PM

The short answer is, no, it won't take the smell out. Have you ever smelled gunpowder or fireworks after they burned or exploded? Did you smell the sulphur? Do you suppose those burned at a higher temperature than 150 degrees? Yes, indeed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I always smell sulphur [ 1 Answers ]

I need to talk to someone who knows about smelling sulphur and what it really means. I've heard everything from demons to sewer problems. Its ridiculous to me that no one can provide an answer that relates to my situation. I smell it in the middle of the night, when I'm sitting in my office at...

Sulphur smell coming out of cold water faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I have a sulphur smell coming out of my cold water faucet. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Strong sulphur smell from all the cold water faucets in my condo! [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought this condo, it has'nt been used in a few years.. There is a very strong sulphur smell when I turn on the cold water faucets... Strangely the hot water side of it is fine.. even though the water heater is not technically working! This is a condominium comminity and not on well water as...

Sulphur smell well water . [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As I said in my previous question, I finally got the well working. Initially the water was quite dirty and now it cleared up but still has strong sulphur smell. Could anyone tell me the reason? I am in Pinellas county, Florida. I will fill the swimming pool with the well water. Is there...

View more questions Search