Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ehrabi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 09:20 AM
    How do I connect a PC to two local area networks at the same time?
    I want to connect a computer to two separate networks. The user needs to connect to different networks to access info. Both networks are local. What is the best way two network cards a switch two separate windows on the PC. What is the best means to solve this problem?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 21, 2011, 12:46 PM
    Two NICs would work. Your computer will be a member of one of the networks and able to mount shares off the other by mapping network drives or through the "Run" command.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethernet - Local Area Connection cannot connect. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Im losing my mind with this computer! My internet from is working fine, but my Ethernet cannot get a connection. On my ethernet Local Area Connection it says status is: Limited or no connectivity. I have read on the net that you can release and renew in start> run, but nothing happens,...

My local area connection will not connect to my xbox [ 1 Answers ]

My computer is sending packets to my xbox360 but it is not receiving any from it my ip address is being obtained automaticaly and I think that is the problem I had an ip address until last night when I changed it to obtain it by itself because I was told to do so by a friend (long story trying to...

Connect 1 computer to two networks [ 2 Answers ]

We have two networks in our office. Some computers need to connect to both networks at the same time. So I have added a route in the registry and it works. The problem is that one computer can connect to all servers in both networks, but another computer can not access to some servers. Please...

Can I connect two networks in one system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have two networks one is for internet usage and other is for call center usage. The call center ip is dedicated link in that we don't get internet and in internet usage ip is only for internet usage. Now I am here with one problem i.e.. while I am connecting this two networks in one...

Connect two networks [ 2 Answers ]

I have two running networks one with a broadband internet connection, I want to connect the two networks so as to be able to share the internet connection. Any advice will be welcomed.

View more questions Search