Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 07:16 AM
    What is the Tax law for paying taxes
    Does anyone know where to find the actual tax code requiring individuals to pay income tax on wages earned?:confused:

Cannot find the code anywhere under Title 26.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2007, 07:22 AM
    As far as I know there isn't one specific law that says you have to pay taxes on wages. The laws do state you have to pay x amount for specified levels of income. This is where the tax protesters get their justification.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Check out the Internal Reveue Code (IRC) on Internal Revenue Service.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
    No specific code is listed the requires tax on wages can be found under they codes.

Is they a law or code that can be shown??
    scalparm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Check out Wikipedia. There is some very convincing and thorough evidence that such a law exists in the Internal Revenue, however "non-positive," and is in fact enforceable.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 01:17 PM
    The fact that the income tax is legal and enforceable has been affirmed repeatedly by all levels of the courts, from the small municipal court that levies fines for failure to pay property taxes, all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court.

As I have said repeatedly to my children from the day they could understand the concept: "NOTHING in life is free!". Americans have insisted for years that governments provide services and protections that have not been provided anytime prior to 1950, yet scream and cry when a bill is presented (in the form of taxes) to pay for those services and protections.

And what is even more outrageous is the fact that we, as a country, have NOT been paying the bill in full since World War II! This means that eventually, taxes are going to go EVEN HIGHER in order to pay down the massive debt that the federal government has accrued.

It is only a matter of time before the day of reckoning comes. I may NOT live to see it, but, barring a apocalypse that causes the collapse of civilization, it WILL happen eventually.

My rant for the day! :-)
    moon_in_mood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 07:22 AM
    watch this... you will get your answer

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=freedom+to#
    ivebeenrobbed Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jan 12, 2011, 09:49 PM
    You know the tax "xpert" never gave you the law or stated it. Even worse he suggest to look at the IRS for answers. For one: the IRS is not a government entity in any manner. It is actually a private organization (owned by the banks) that is set up to collect taxes (a collection agency) and like any other collection agency does not write or create law especially for the american people. Yet for some odd reason they are able to seize property and levy and garnish property and wages without the need of due process! This should concern every True American! We are being swindled. There is no law, only codes written by a non-governmental private organization.The courts are fully aware of this scam and yet like any other criminal are in cahoots with them. We are talking about money for the taking. There is no law, only codes. It is a voluntary program that you are forced to comply with. Wake up people. Look up the word voluntary and figure it out. Tell as many as possible and spread the word! Look up the book called "the federal mafia". Its been banned but can still be downloaded online for free. It explains everything. Lets get patriotic people and take back our country. We have down it before and with enough of us can do it again. We are out there. We will find you. Just reach out... you are not alone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Tina from Missouri, My husband and I are looking to buy a house and I know there is a way that we can pay the back taxes on a house instead of the price they are selling it at. Where do I start, and what do I do. I have no clue where to look or who to talk to and if there are any...

Sister-in-law Not Paying Rent [ 10 Answers ]

Help! My sister-in-law rents from us at our salon and she is behind two months in rent. When she started renting from us about 1 year ago, she agreed to pay rent. She only works one day a week and we gave her the first 2 months rent free to help her get on her feet. When we asked for rent on...

H1B paying taxes on W2 and 1099 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1-B status, i.e. I am being paid by my Employer for which I will be paying taxes on W2 Form. I got an opportunity to earn money legally for my services using 1099 form. Am I allowed to pay taxes for the earned income using both W2, 1099 being on H1 B status? I apreciate your...

Paying taxes on inherited annuity [ 1 Answers ]

My brother and I were beneficiary of an annuity. I understand we pay taxes on the taxable amount listed in box 2a of the 1099. My question is... do I treat this as income adding it to myearned income and possibly raising my tax bracket, or do I pay taxes based on the earned income bracket? ...

H1B, employer not paying withheld income taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I know that my employer isn't paying the income taxes that he withholds from my salary. Does that affect my situation regarding my H1B? I mean in the application it says that I should be paid a certain salary to have this Visa and if the taxes that are withheld are not paid it will look like I have...

View more questions Search