Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalpi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 09:25 PM
    Indoor nground spa leaking. Suggestions to raise the spa without damage to flooring
    I have an in-ground spa which weighs approximately 500 lbs. It is set indoors. It sits on concrete flooring and is built-up with concrete blocks. The only access to the spa in a 12" x 36" opening to access the pump area. There is no access to the pool anywhere else. There is a leak from one of the pipes in the in-ground area. Have tried "stopleak" type solutions, caulking etc, to no avail. The leak has progressively gotten worse, there is no choice but to pull it up from the ground, and fix it. We have tile floors around the spa. What is the best way to get this spa out of the ground without much damage to the floors around it. Very disappointed with the contractor because I specifically asked him about this and he told me 99% of the time service is at the pump area only. Guess who got stricken by the 1% probability? Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2011, 07:43 AM

Your contractor was actually correct and you have few options at this point. The spa must be drained and raised up for repair or you remove significant sections of concrete block.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall finish for an Indoor Spa room [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house with an indoor spa in a partially finished (drywalled) room in the basement. I am looking to finish the room it is in and am wondering what is the best way to finish the room? I am planning to lay ceramic tile on the floor but am debating wall finishes. Drywall? Green board?...

Spa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I spent a good few dollars on a spa and to save money asked for a 110V one so I could simply plug it into my GFDI Outlet outside. Needless to say - it takes 24hrs to heat up and the jets are lame! Anyway, I asked Spa company about upgrading to 220v - what would I need to do? They...

Spa [ 1 Answers ]

Isn't UF for outdoors and THHN indoors? Also when you go to HomeDepot or Lowe's There big Hanging chart says "Outdoors use UF and with a 50 amp breaker use #8" ? Ok, Last question I hope. For my spa, Can I use THHN grade wire #6 copper(romex?)for outdoors if it is running through conduit ?...

View more questions Search