Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittleMiss. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 08:09 PM
    My sister goes through my room and takes my clothes. What can I do?
    I really don't know what to do. My sister is nineteen. I'm fifteen. If anything I should be the one stealing her things! Unfortunately it is the other way around. I am the more mature sister. Over the past couple years things have been about the same. She takes a shirt here a shirt there, and I get a little mad, but get over it quickly. This last September was her first year at college. In high school she hung out with bad people and did bad things. Her grades dropped, she dropped out of any sports she was in, and she became this violent and overall rude person. Not that things were perfect before this. She has always had a tendency to be mean to my younger brother and I. Things have just gotten so much worse. Her first year of college ended badly. She didn't go to classes. She either was sleeping or partying. Since it was a community college it is 15 minutes away from my home. My mom paid a lot of money for her to stay in the dorms, yet she came and turned my old room into a smelly pit of nasty. All she does is lay in there. She doesn't shower very often. Lately my clothes are missing quite a bit. When I find her wearing them I get very upset. My mom doesn't pay for my clothes, I do. So when I find my sister wearing my clothes making them smell like smoke, alcohol, and body odor I don't know what to do. She tends to stretch my clothes out also. I've talked her numerous times, but I feel like it never has and never will get through to her. I work hard to buy my own clothes. I have a good fashion sense and work hard on maintaining my style. It's who I am. It's what I do. My mother is a single parent with us three teenagers and a fulltime job. I understand she doesn't have the time or patience to handle my sister all the time, but she should at least do something right? I don't think my mom understands how upsetting it is to have your things stolen from you all the time. Every once in a while my sister takes something of my moms and my mother gets so mad, but every time I complain to my mom about her taking something of mine she says that she doesn't want to deal with it. I can't handle it anymore. I want to know also if it's possible I can report my stolen things to the police. I know it sounds silly, but I'm willing to do that if need be. I just want all my clothes back! And NEVER taken again. It doesn't look like my sister is moving out anytime soon. And since I have a life and go places my door is always her wide open closet. Any suggestions? My mom seriously won't listen to me and is already stressed out constantly. I feel like my sister is the boss of the house. Anything I say, nobody cares.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2011, 05:56 AM

Why not ask to get a lock for your door?

Keep it locked when your out of the house, not when your in bed at night for obvious reasons (fire), but you could lock it during the day and when your in the house.

At least it might slow her down taking your stuff.

Bring the key with you to school etc, and perhaps your mom might get a key for her room too!

If there's anything really important to you in there, or new clothes, could you ask a friend to store them for you, a few thing in a bag would not take up much space, be careful who you trust with your stuff if you decide to do that.

Without your mothers backup there's not much you can do to enforce the law, but you can get a lock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dryer takes to long to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kenmore 90 series dryer that takes way to long to dry clothes. The vents are free from lint and I have replaced the cycling thermostat. The heating element seems to work fine but I don't think the dryer is getting hot enough

My Dryer takes 2 loads to dry clothes/towels [ 0 Answers ]

I have cleaned out the ductwork - always every other month. Lint filter is kept constantly clean. The dryer seems hot - but it still takes 2 loads to dry stuff Clothes are spun out well frpm the washer. Sears Kenmore Model #970-C85192-00

Dryer takes longer than normal to dry clothes model #ET8CHKXKT05 [ 3 Answers ]

My whirlpool dryer model#ET8CHKXKT05 takes longer to dry my clothes

LER5636JQ0 Whirlpool Dryer takes multiple cycles to dry clothes [ 2 Answers ]

Our LER5636JQ0 Whirlpool Dryer takes many 4-5 cycles to dry clothes, I cleaned the lint trap from the rear of the dryer and purchased a new vent system so all that is clear. There is heat and the dryer is tumbling. This seemed to have happen overnight. The dryer is electric and has had not a ton...

Kenmore dryer takes forever to dry clothes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore dryer that is 10 years old. The dryer heats up, but the clothes take at least 4 times longer than what they should. I have noticed that when I open the dryer there is hot moist air inside the dryer and the clothes have a kind of mildew smell. My lint filter is clean, the back of...

View more questions Search