Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peaceandmusic21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 06:33 PM
    How can I tell this guy I like him through Facebook messages or texts
    How can I tell this guy I like him through Facebook messages or texts without saying it directly? As in like a play on words. I would like to tell him in person if I have a chance, but its summer so there's a limit on time. Truthfully, he did tell me he liked about a year ago, but we only lasted a week or less. After about 4 months, I got together with another guy, but I still had interest in the other. At the moment I am willing to confess to him, but how can I tell him in not so direct way?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jun 18, 2011, 07:06 PM

I think the direct way is the best way.

Why do you want to be tacit about it?
    peaceandmusic21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 08:54 PM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    I don't know, I guess I could tell him directly, but I prefer leaving a distance between the fact that he may be surprised about me telling him this. It's just that we have been friends for a while.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2011, 11:16 PM
    Be direct! He might not read between the lines! He might be surprised but he will be pleasantly surprised! Everyone likes being told someone likes them! No matter who the person is, its flattering all the same and chances are, giving your history, he will be happy.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jun 18, 2011, 11:39 PM

If you have been friends for a while you should probably know how to best communicate with them and this is what this is all about.
    Communication.

I think you want him to know how you feel , while you keep a buffer in case he reacts in a negative manner.

I think also you may lack a bit of confidence . That doesn't help.

Tell him outright .

I think doing that is the best way to go about getting your point across and building confidence in yourself because I think you'll be happy with the results.

And I know a lot about this stuff , I'm old , so pay attention .
    onlineguy Posts: 110, Reputation: 10

Jun 23, 2011, 12:07 PM
    You just tell, you don't B S**t, you don't play games... you just tell him.

Just say you like him, and you think it would be nice to get to know him a bit better to see if you will get along.

We have to tell you and you have to tell us... one as to risk the rejection, and it does not always have to be a bloke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conflicting guy messages. BIG SURPRISE lol [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Uh! This is sticky enough that I'd come to askmehelpdesk for a little bit of help... I have friends and stuff who give me advice but I just think some outside perspective would be so great... Anyway here's the deal... me and this guy met at my surprise birthday party last year on...

Mixed messages from a guy I like! [ 3 Answers ]

The thing is that the boy I like has been sending me mixed messages that one minute he hates and the next he likes me and the one dsy I thought he liked me he goes and tells his friends that he will never date me in a million years!! But whenever I'm near him he always looks at me and checks me...

How do I prevent a stalker from redirecting my Facebook messages to herself [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to send Facebook mssgs to friends; they were never received, and 1 was replied to by a woman who's been stalking me for a long time & has me under surveillance, rather than the person I sent it to. (It's possible she set up a phony Facebook profile.) I was told to reconfigure my router...

I added a guy on Facebook but I don't know what to say [ 2 Answers ]

so I added this guy on Facebook. It was random.. I don't know what to say though... I don't want to sound like a creep or anything... any suggestions as to what I should saY?

View more questions Search