Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fenceguy1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 09:52 AM
    2001 dodge ram a/c blower motor problems
    I have a 2001 dodge ram diesel. The blower motor only blows on high and fades in and out at that. I have changed the resistor seemed to work for a few hours and is now back to doing the same thing as before. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2011, 10:11 AM

. Check and clean all electrical connections to the blower motor, after removing the negative battery cable.

. Remove and clean the blower motor fuse, which is likely located in the under hood fuse/relay box.

. Remove and clean the contacts going to the blower motor relay, likely located in the under hood fuse/relay box. Use #240 abrasive cloth or steel wool. Afterwards, coat contacts with dielectric grease. If your truck has this relay, my bet is it will solve the problem.

. Check/replace the blower control switch, if problem persists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 01 ram sport and when I drive if it stays betweengears it revs up and down. Like its sgoin in and out of overdrive. I brought it to aamco and they ran the diagnostics on it. The guy told me that it was showing that the soleniod isn't working properley. I would like to know if the...

2001 dodge ram 1500 heater problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 ram 1500 4x4 with 73k and it has no heat the a.c. works fine but no heat

2001 Dodge Ram [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4 X 4. The ABS light has come on my dash and the speedometer quit working. Took the truck to advanced auto and they said it was the speed sensor. I replaced the speed sensor... still no speedometer and the light is still on. Dealership told me to try...

2001 Dodge Ram [ 1 Answers ]

I had to put my heater on in my 2001 Dodge Ram on a hot day (85 degrees), I noticed water dripping from the front firewall. I opened the hood and noticed a small tube (1/2" in dia.) protruding from the firewall that the water was dripping from. It was just water, no antifreeze. Is this normal? ...

2001 Dodge ram [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the dashboard from my 2001 Dodge ram in order to hard wire by sirius radio?

View more questions Search