Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caliyat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Sevis help desk?
    Trying to find out about a student on J-1 Work travel program with DS-2019 work certificate. This student here through the Alliance Abroad Group and is dissatisfied with their program and wants to leave that program to stay/visit (not work) with friends of her parents in CA. Then she would exit the US on her original departure date. Seems to us the only thing she needs to do is to inform SEVIS of her change of plans and her change of location. Can you let us know what she can do to remain within the law? Her exit date would be honored and she has no plans to overstay only to leave that program and change her location.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 25, 2011, 10:12 AM

For J-1 Work travel program, if participant leaves the job before completion of employment term as stated on the contract, he/she must leave US immediately. However, if the participant completes the job, he/she is entitled to grace period of 30 days to travel in US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SEVIS verification [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have been trying to apply for a social security but the SSA administration keeps saying that DHS cannot verify my Active Status in SEVIS and it has been4months now. My school advisor called the SEVIS several time and they said my status is active and up to date. What should I do in order to...

Sevis help desk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my friend has come to USA to pursue his Masters from some University in Kentucky, then he heard about another University in New Jersey and he took transfer, later this University was found to be suspicious with the records and they closed down there branch in New Jersey. He being an initial...

View more questions Search