Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adz_47647389 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 01:55 PM
    We are getting ready to paint the outside of our house and I wanted to know if there
    We are getting ready to paint the outside of our house and I wanted to know if there is a big difference between those expensive brand name paints or getting something cheaper. What exactly is the big difference between these two types. I do agree with the general "you get what you pay for" but there seems to be a range of options so I want to understand the difference. Thanks for your advice.
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Jun 18, 2011, 05:21 AM
    It is not so much the paint as it is the prep work before the paint. Make sure it is an exterior paint.
    Painting with a roller and brush will last longer than a paint job that is sprayed on also.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBp7UoPQsE
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Jun 18, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Comment on pattyg2's post
    Exterior latex is fine for painting a house.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2011, 07:30 AM
    Duron, Behr, Valspar, Dutch Boy are all good. Don't get cheap paint. It won't cover well, washes out and will cost you money in the long run. C******** G******* has rated Behr #1 for a couple of years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting ready to sell. I want to add value to house/husband doesn't! [ 6 Answers ]

We need to sell w/in the next two months. We are the first owners in this house built in 2004. Did no upgrades other than the front door and garage door opener in order to keep costs down! We've added value ( at least I'd like to think that :p ) to the hall bath by laying down tile and adding a...

I'm replacing all the wiring in my house and I wanted to know if I can use 14-2 [ 4 Answers ]

I'm replacing all the wiring in my house and I wanted to know if I can use 14-2 wiring from the outlets in the room (4-5 outlet plus light per room) I wired all the rooms up with 12-2 and used a 20 amp breaker. I would assume that a light fixture from an outlet could never overload but if there was...

My girlfriend wanted to breakup th relationship with me, but I'm not ready I love her [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend wanted to breakup the relationship with me, but i m not ready i love her We know each other since 2 years and were in very happy relationship since last 8 months, last month her parents came to know about our relationship, they got very annoyed with this news because her parents...

House was not ready at move in Date: Breach of Lease? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a college town where leases are done on a quarterly (3 month) basis. In September of '08, five friends and I found a place we wanted to live. We looked at the house and it was in fine condition, but this was hard to determine since the house was already occupied by other students. We paid...

Landlord is sell the house and wants us to maintain it in show-ready condition [ 6 Answers ]

We live in Southern California. We were just asked by the landlord’s realtor if she could show the house this afternoon at 5:00PM to another realtor. This call came as a shock because we signed a one year lease in Nov 2007, with anticipation of renewing the lease for another year, and if all...

View more questions Search