Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spencer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Furnace heating upstairs, but blowing cold air downstairs
    My records indicate that I have a Inter-City Products gas fired horizontal heating unit, model NHGE050CF01.

The issue I am having is that the upstairs is heating as it should. The down stairs is blowing cold air. I have turned the thermostat down to the coldest setting and waiting 5 minutes prior to raising the thermostat back up. This has worked a few times in the past month or so, but is not owrking today.

My house is approximately 15 years old. I am the third owner so I have no idea if any service or replacements have been done.

I plan to call in a professional, but would like to know as much as possible to help prevent getting ripped off.

Your help is appreciated.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
    It sounds like you have 2 furnaces?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace sometimes blowing cold air [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a brand-new house in May 2002. This winter (I don't think it happened last winter) when it got really cold outside, the furnace blew cold air. When it warms up outside, it starts blowing warm again. We had someone come and look at it and he told us it had a 30 degree heat pump?? And when...

Furnace turns off heat and fan continues blowing cold air. [ 14 Answers ]

Carrier split unit Model 58RAV055-GC Circuit Board at Furnace CES0110057-00 Natural Gas I am experiencing a problem with my heat. I have a programmable zones thermostat and noticed that the air was not coming out hot when it was suppouse to be. The temperature was set to 75 but the temperature...

Furnace blowing cold air! [ 2 Answers ]

i have been experiancing problems with my furnace blowing out cold air, the first time i checked the code light it was working normal, the second time it was flashing continuosly fast and it meant call for heat, the third time i checked it said to replace the IFC!! i have no idea what the ifc is,...

Furnace blowing cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Ruud oil furnace blowing cold air, fan running constantly

Furnace blower on, blowing cold air [ 4 Answers ]

We installed a pellet stove with the intent of using the furnace blower to distribute the air throughout the home, however, nothing but cold air comes through the vents. Can anyone tell me why this is ?

View more questions Search