Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbeyangel Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 11:58 AM
    I can't eat in front of people, will I get an eating disorder?
    I hate eating in front of people, I just can't do it. Like at school. If it carries on the same, will I eventually get an eating disorder?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2011, 12:00 PM

That is not really considered an "eating disorder". You are clearly introverted and shy. Work through those things and your eating issue will come along with your healing.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2011, 12:03 PM

Do you know why you have this problem? Is there certain people you don't like to eat in front of like just boys? Or just girls? Or is it just everyone? What about your family?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyangel View Post
    I hate eating in front of people, i just can't do it. Like at school.
    What part of eating in front of people bothers you the most? What you are actually eating? How you chew? If there's food stuck on your lips or clothes or between your teeth?

Jun 16, 2011, 01:31 PM
    Comment on adviceishere's post
    Its everyone

Jun 16, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I just hate to eat in front of people, I feel fat and my mum says that I don't eat a lot and I will get ill but I can't help not wanting to eat in front of people, I feel like I'm too fat
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 01:43 PM

i just hate to eat in front of people, i feel fat and my mum says that i dont eat a lot and i will get ill but i can't help not wanting to eat in front of people, i feel like im too fat

So you're thinking people will see what you're eating and will judge you and think you shouldn't be eating certain things.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 07:03 PM

I would say you already have a disorder, not perhaps a real eating one, but serious enough it is effecting your everyday life. You need to seek professional counseling

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - Ever since last September, I've decided to lose weight. I'm 13 years old, and have lost 27 pounds. People always say how skinny I am, but when I look in the mirror, I don't see me as skinny... I just see an ugly, disgusting, chubby me. I'm also super obsessed with food... I'm into...

Eating disorder [ 2 Answers ]

I lost a lot of weight because I have a eating disorder. I have not see my boyfriend for a couple of weeks because he was gone with work. What do you think he will do? Do you think he will be mad? Do you think he will try to go do something to me like hurt me or get very up set?

Eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have one or not, but I keep taking self tests online and they say I'm something like "high risk" not really sure what that means but anyway. I just had a baby and before I had her I weighed 135 and while I was pregnant I went up to 168 now I'm at 145 and I feel huge! I can't help...

Eating Disorder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am apparentley suffering from anorexia. I don't like to call it anorexia myself but I am seeing a therapist and that's what he has diagnosed me with. I am 21 the problem has developed since the birth of my 8 month old daughter. Basically just wanted some advice off anybody who is or may...

View more questions Search