Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
    #0 i. FIRST, this is entirely off-topic; ii. I would prefer to comment because this is NOT an "ANSWER" to my question.
    Thank you for using the Answer feature. See how much nicer that is?!
    #2 This isn't about food; just care, r else we miss the entire point.
    Be careful. Texting is forbidden on this site. It's one of the rules.

You accused me of having rage. I countered by telling you how happy I am.
    #4 Yep; some were fishing, etc. etc.
    No problem with hooks in the face or body? Seems strange that fishing and swimming are allowed in the same area.
    #5 Once again, they need to POST rules. I had full SWIMMING ATTIRE. I don't watch that show. We thought it would be fun.
    I'm guessing the rules are posted, just not at every ten feet. Plus, the rules are on the Internet for each state park. Plus, there's something called common sense.

No one thought of consequences? Just do it?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2011, 01:48 PM

My guess is that the citation was not for "jumping off a bridge". The citation should list the name of the local, city or state law that you violated. Were you not cited for a specific violation other than "jumping off a bridge"?. and did your citation not include the number of the local, city or state law that you violated?

Do your homework. Look up the local, city or state law that is noted on the citation.

Scan a copy of the citation and post it here. We might be able to help more if we see the citation that you got.
    dan1el Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 01:59 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    #4 lol its really big body of vasser
    #5 i.nope; no rules posted in sight ii. Long story, but I'm looking to contend the (total of) $450 fines we incurred.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Court is next month, and I want to settle this, if possible, before then. It was for jumping off of a bridge.
    Hello d:

Cops don't settle tickets, they issue them. They're not obligated to discuss it with you. If you're not guilty, tell the judge. The COURTROOM is where discussions take place.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 02:06 PM

#4 lol its really big body of vasser

It's Wasser, not vasser.

#5I'm looking to contend the (total of) $450 fines we incurred.

You're looking to contest the fine, not contend it. Please read excon's answer.

Jun 16, 2011, 02:12 PM
    Comment on RickJ's post
    Actually, it literally says those words.

As for "doing homework", that's what I'm doing.

Jun 16, 2011, 02:12 PM
    Comment on RickJ's post
    I may post the citation later; I don't have a scanner available 24/7.

Jun 16, 2011, 02:13 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    We'll see ;)

Jun 16, 2011, 02:14 PM
    Thanks all; but no answer as of yet.

Please post ANSWERS; if no answer to the question, please don't post "Answer"s.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 02:27 PM
    Please post ANSWERS; if no answer to the question, please don't post "Answer"s.
    This is a public site, a public board. Once you post a question, you will get a variety of responses, some you may like and some you don't, but you cannot dictate who is to answer and what can be said.

As for the answer you are looking for --

The rangers are all government employees. Their boss is the Missouri State Park system which is run by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, telephone 1-800-334-6946 email [email protected]. Also,

Director's Office
    Staff within the Director's Office coordinate information to the public and provide guidance on issues of policy, affirmative action, risk management, and training and education. 573-751-2479.

Facility and Visitor Services Program

The Facility and Visitor Services Program is responsible for concession management, special events and marketing activities, and support for field operations through operational planning, service delivery, activity permitting and compliance with regulations. 573-751-8553
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 02:41 PM

I found all that information within a minute by Googling. But we did have fun meanwhile.

Jun 16, 2011, 03:27 PM
    Thanks. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 03:29 PM
    Thanks. :)
    Please tell me you had fun too as we wandered over to this page.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 06:58 PM

I will address the actual issue, it does not matter who their boss is, or who their boss is, A ranger is like a police officer they are a sworn Post Certerified Officer. Once their ticket is written and given to the court, only the DA can drop the charges. The rangers boss, the head of the park department in MO can not drop the charges. Even the officer can not drop charges now.

All that can happen now, is a plea deal with the DA before court. Or a defense that the judge will accept.

I will give you a similar example, In MO all unposted roads have a speed limit, so there is no signs that say the speed on that road is ( I think it is 45) but if you go faster than that, you get a ticket. There is no sign posted, no notice given, it is a public road but there is a law on the books, that even if you don't know, it does not matter.

Jun 16, 2011, 10:21 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks, man; I'm convinced that this is a different case because a) it is a state park, and b) there is a sign posted next to a parking lot telling people not to park on the grass - something you'd think would be "common sense".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 04:08 AM

First state park, state highway, all state owned property

And statue law is what it is called, when there are laws on the books and you are charged with them. And you will find out very fast, that "common sense" has no place in court. It is facts, I would take photos of the area, of the parking, take photos of the trail, show how it is so common for people to be jumping, take photos of others jumping nad so on. To actually have a defense.

I will say, this year they are really cracking down on jumping from bridges fairly well across the US, it is a large safety campaign, like the seat belt thing.

In Georgia, they increased the fines almost triple, and judges are using the first people who are arrested as examples to others.

Jun 17, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I'm not worried. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2011, 11:28 AM
    BTW Wondergirl, your answer was not a good one; apparently, the rangers with whom I dealt have no relations at all with the people to whom the information you shared belongs.

Thanks.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 11:30 AM
    BTW Wondergirl, your answer was not a good one; apparently, the rangers with whom I dealt have no relations at all with the people to whom the information you shared belongs.

Thanks.
    You asked for the chief ranger's boss, who hired him. That is what I found.

Did you make any calls?

Jun 17, 2011, 11:32 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Yep. I guess there is a differentiation between County and State Parks. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Accord won't start, park and drive light up as if car does't read in park? [ 0 Answers ]

All lights come on, has not been having problem starting, but did notice was not clicking into gear precisely lately from shifter, would have to jiggle sometimes?

When writing an Answer do you have to re-state each count/paragraph or just answer? [ 8 Answers ]

I am wondering if I have to type the exact counts and paragraphs and then admit or deny each or can I just admit or deny to the number indicated?

Can I take a 2004 ranger engine a put it into 2001 ranger [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thanking about bying a 2004 ford ranger engine to put into a 2001 ford ranger. My biggest concern is the wirring and computer.

A Movie with bears and a park ranger [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I'm not sure if this was a movie or just a cartoon show... I think a movie and no it's not Yogi the bear... it was in a national park and there was a park ranger and all of these bears... the bears made a huge mess in the park and the park ranger hands all of the these pokey sticks and bags to...

View more questions Search