Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbascgs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 08:02 AM
    rules for addition of powers when bases are the same and signs are negative?
    1.5^11 = -1.5^n+5
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 08:46 AM

Are you trying to solve this:

(which is what you wrote) or this:

For now I will assume the latter. The right hand side can be rewritten to give you:

You can see that the value of n+5 = 11. So what is the value for n? But note that the left hand side is a positive number while the right hand side is positive only if
    -1 is raised to an even power. Does the value for n that you just found work? What does this tell you about this equation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

No period, negative pregnancy test, no signs of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

While I know that the month is not quite finished yet, I believe that my period is about two weeks late. I am not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy (I know because I have a son) however earlier in the month I experienced breast tenderness for about a week and had a slightly brown discharge...

National powers, Implied powers, Inherent powers [ 6 Answers ]

What is meant by expressed national powers? Implied powers? Inherent powers? How have each of these powers contributed to expansion of the national government?

Basement addition [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 200amp main with about 4 to 6 empty slots I wanted to know if that would be enough to finish my 1400 sf basement? with small kitchen, living area, bedroom, bath and a home studio and if I need a sub panel what would I need and about how much would it cost? I'm finishing my basement...

View more questions Search