Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoel1324 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 10:19 PM
    What does "5 years to 5 years and a day mean?
    My fiancé got sentenced to 5 years to 5 years and a day in a Mass State prison on a subsequent drug offense. He was givn credit for already serving 21 months. Will he be able to earn good time? How long will he have to serve in prison before being released?? The "5 years to 5 years and a day" has me a bit confused...
    meanclean Posts: 8, Reputation: -2

Jun 15, 2011, 10:31 PM
    well I think that means he has to serve 1826 days 5 years out of 5 years and one day. I don't know about the good time?? But I do know when my x went to jail, he was sentenced 365 out of 365 days that's a full year. And when I got my dui I had to serve 1 day out of 365 days. So... yeah that 21 months would be towards 5 years and a 1. so he is looking at 39 months and a day

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Years of abuse haunts me to this day. [ 19 Answers ]

Hello. I am a 24 year old female living with a terrible secret that only two other people know: my sister and my mother. My sister "S" (now 28) is an abuser, and my mother "M" (aged 54) is the abused. I grew up watching my sister beat my mother, call her names, threaten to kill her with a knife and...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband was charged with theft by bring stolen property into state, theft by taking, theft by receiving stolen property, criminal trespass, aggravated cruelty to animals, removal of id items from animals. His sentence is 6 years jail time and 4 years probation. Will he serve all 6 years jail...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 1 Answers ]

My exhusband has never execised his visitation rights of our twin girls. We have been divorced for 7 1/2 years. He is in jail now. I have not received child support in 2 years. Is this considered abandament? I live in Georgia.

I'd like to know what can kill a friendship of six years in a day. [ 7 Answers ]

So I had a friend. We went through jr. and sr. high together, contemplated going to the same college. Just friends, nothing more. Talked constantly, always together, at each other's houses all the time, everything you would expect. Spent two years writing a play together, even while I was out...

View more questions Search