Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eltamayo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 05:02 PM
    Shower caulking won't dry?
    On Monday of this week I have used Silicone II caulking on one shower corner wall. It is still tacky to the touch. It is now Wednesday. I noticed the tube expired in 2008. Had the caulking gone bad and therefore causing it the non-drying? Do I need to remove and apply new caulking? If so, after removing how do I get all the joint clean to reapply new caulking. If not, will it eventually dry? I feels oily to the touch as well. Thanks for helping.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 15, 2011, 05:28 PM

Best to scrap it out and start with fresh caulk. I recommend Dap's Kwik seal plus http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=8
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 07:31 AM

Hi all..

Bob, your link goes to DAP paint... just a heads up... ;)

I also agree with, Bob, but I like the newer GE silicone II... drys in 1 hour and is mildew resistant with a 10 year mold-free product protection ingredient.

Check it out at this link:

GE Silicone II K/B Supreme Withstands Water One Hour After Application

I have used this quite successfully in many applications over the last year or two and am happy to recommend it!

Good day!

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caulking around a shower unit [ 2 Answers ]

We are having to redo the caulking around our shower unit on a regular basis. The caulking keeps drying up and coming out. So we were advised to buy GE Silicone II 100% silicone sealant. We applied this 24 hours ago and it will not set up. It still feels wet and we are afraid to shower,...

Shower caulking won't dry [ 7 Answers ]

We did a bathroom remodel which included new tile in the shower. Walls and floor. We have run a bead of caulking where the shower wall meets the floor. The caulking appears to dry at first but after a few days it forms bubbles in places and begins to break down. It never really drys. We...

Caulking for shower floor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a tile shower (tiles walls and tile floor). Where the floor and walls intersect, there is white caulking that had become mildewed. I need to replace the caulking, but want to be sure I use the correct caulk, the best product for a shower floor.

Caulking glass shower [ 3 Answers ]

My builder installed a frameless glass shower a 15 months ago. The glass goes up to the ceiling because the shower is also equipped with a steam generator. We have glass on two sides and limestone on two sides. The silicon caulking that attaches the glass to the limestone At the floor of the...

View more questions Search