Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyv113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Don't know what to do anymore.. please help.
    My family and I have been consistently abused and harassed by our neighbor. It seems that every summer we wind up in court and hire attorneys to wind up dismissing charges because the legal system really does not care that she is non stop. Every time I file charges against her which are legitimate, such as verbal abuse, vandalism, and harassment, just to name a few, once she reveives the complaint she runs to the court and files papers against me for things like harassment, or she says I threatened to shoot her with a gun I assure I do not have. She yells nasty vile things at my daughter such as she is ugly or a cow. Life her is really hard. I have installed fences and cameras to try and prevent problems with this woman to no avail. I am sorry I could go on all day. So my question is yesterday I received an order to appear on false charges she filed against me and then dropped, is she allowed to do this and why? What can I do? Thanks!
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 15, 2011, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyv113 View Post
    ... Every time I file charges against her which are legitimate, such as verbal abuse, vandalism, and harassment, ... she runs tot he court and files papers against me for things like harassment ...
    Well, duh.
    You hit her and she is liable to hit back.
    For your information, filing charges for "verbal abuse" and particularly "harassment", is almost always in itself nothing but harassment.

Who would have thought? :rolleyes:

... is she allowed to do this and why? What can I do? Thanks!
    Yes. Because like with the little boy who cried wolf, there may come a time when her concerns may be justified.

What can you do? Learn to "turn the other cheek".
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2011, 06:10 AM
    What can I do?
    Hello k:

Moving comes to mind.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't know who I am anymore [ 8 Answers ]

I don't know really where to start. Guess I am like 2 different people - one moment I am severely down to the extend of not wanting to talk to anyone and just be left alone all the signs of normal depression but then other times I can be high as a kite on fresh air and do crazy things that in a...

I Can't Take it Anymore! [ 7 Answers ]

Ok So I can't take it anymore! My Boyfriends mother is out of her mind!! I can't even really explain it. She is always the victim and she never does any wrong! FOr example today I went to pick up my daughter she first yells at me through the door then she brings my daughter out and has her shoes...

I don't know what to do anymore! [ 8 Answers ]

I've been feeling this way for a long time now, and I know that I need to get some kind of help. I'm 14 and yes, I know I'm emotional and I know I'm supposed to see the world as unfair, but this is really extreme. I've been betrayed by friends and family many many many times and I've never been...

Why is he not so into me anymore? [ 2 Answers ]

Before me and my boyfriend broke up he was VERY much into me. We broke up then and are together now again, but he is not that into me anymore. If I ask him I we must rather leave everything, he says no becauce it will destroy him?:mad:

View more questions Search