Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ridarraga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 06:13 PM
    What are the normally open contacts of a fan relay connected to?
    What are the normally open contacts of a fan relay connected to?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2011, 06:57 PM
    Usually the relay is 24VAC and the NO switch is connected to the hot wire. When the switch closes, it energizes the relay and the circuit is closed. It is used to control a circuit without having heavy wiring through the switch. The opposite is the Normally Closed NC switch, used, for example, in a dehumidifier float switch. When the water fills the tank, the float goes up and opens the switch, shutting down the dehumidifier.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 16, 2011, 08:17 AM
    That type of circuit is usually associated with a momentary switch (push on it and it makes a quick connection and then opens again). That way when you close the momentary switch the relay is energized and makes the connection to run the fan as well as supplying its own power to stay closed. When you want to stop the fan the stop switch momentarily closes the relay power and it opens again and the fan stops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to open access denied folder in secondary connected harddisk [ 2 Answers ]

I was conneceted one hard disk as a secondary one I cantopen one folder in administrator login . It shows access denined

My furnace's fan is NOT blowing. Is there a relay to control the fan and where it is? [ 1 Answers ]

"After vaccum my furnace(Heat only, Day and Night furnace with model #396GAW00100-ACAA), the fan stop blow but burner will be on when I adjust the temperature below the setpoint on thermostat. My fan had problem last year. It will not stop even after burner off for long time. I had to tap side of...

How to import contacts from my Outlook 2007 contacts to BT Yahoo contacts? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping that if I can import my list of Outlook contacts into BT Yahoo webmail it might stopping blocking emails from known friends. There appear to be no instructions for importing Outlook 2007 contacts into BT Yahoo/Talk21. I am following the instructions for earlier versions of Outlook, have...

View more questions Search