Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cruiser2000 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 02:54 AM
    Can a main line have a clean-out above the closet arm?
    I am getting different answers to this question,from different experts.
    Can the closet arm on a DWV pipe has a Y for a clean out or must it be closed?

I'm installing a toilet on the first floor. The toilet is the last fixture on the line. The closet fitting is connected to a short 3" pipe, into a 3x3x2 tee for the vent, then into a 45 deg fitting, and into the 3" "Y" . The "Y" is connected to the main 4" drain line. This Y has a clean-out at the top of the line. Is this legal?

Check out some similar questions!

My main sewer line clean out isn't sealed in any way, isn't even threaded. [ 2 Answers ]

I've lived in my home for 3 years, during that time I've found that the previous owners were DIY fanatics that did pretty much everything you can imagine wrong. You should have seen the electrician's face when I called him in after I took down all the walls upstairs. He forbid me to turn on the...

I need to locate my main line clean out. [ 2 Answers ]

I know that the city sewer line is behind my home and the water line is in front of my home. My home was built in the 50's. Do I have a clean out? I even know where the pipes come from my bathroom to the ground (single story home with crawl space). How will I know where to dig and how deep to go?

How to find the main sewer line to add a clean out trap [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the main sewer line so I can add a clean out trap

Remove bottom sprayer arm to clean trap [ 0 Answers ]

I want to know how to remove the bottom sprayer arm so as to clean the trap - I have grit when I wash my dishes.

How to install clean out on main line 20' from house [ 3 Answers ]

Need to install a clean out on my main sewer line on an older house... the main runs under a patio so the closest I can get to the house is about 20' to 30'

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.