Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolphins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
    My Daughter was kidnapped
    Hello 10 years ago I got a divorce and was given visitation rights. Ten years ago I was waiting for my daughters arrival and she never arrived, because my ex wife who is in the Air force utilized the military to move my daughter out of state. I found her two years ago and brought her to court. As the judge was trying to figure out how to reestablish my communication with my daughter, my ex wife's attorney stated that her husband was going to file for adoption. The judge then stated that he would wait for the results of that action. I could not believe what he decided, but I recently went to where my daughter resided and contacted the Guardian ad litem when he informed me that she was no longer pursuing adoption. I then found out that she convinced the military to move her again. I am not a convict or criminal and have never been accused of abuse, so why haven't I seen my Baby for over ten years. Please help a Dad who misses his Daughter, Thanks Ben
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
    What I don't understand is what you have been doing all this time. You have court ordered visitation, don't you? The moment your wife moved you should have been back in the courtroom, getting a subpeona to serve on the Air Force. There is no way they should be able to deny you that information.

Also, there is NO way her current husband can adopt her without your consent. I'm shocked that a judge even contemplated waiting for the resultof that.

I suspect you don't have an attorney who is working on your behalf. No attorney worth his salt would let this happen to you. This is a situation where a parent disappeared with the child. You can find out where your ex is stationed at any time. SHE is violating the law by not allowing you court ordered visitation. She can be prosecuted for kidnapping because of that.

Get an attorney or fire the one you have and get a good one. If the facts are as you stated, this shouldn't be happening to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Daughter isn't his... [ 7 Answers ]

There's so much confusing stuff that's popped up in our relationship... For two years my boyfriend has though that he had a daughter. He's been providing for her for years, and going out of his way to help his ex wife because of their child. He wouldn't move far, because he wants to stay close to...

Help my Daughter! [ 1 Answers ]

Excuse me, if my message does not correspond to rules of your conference. We live a small city in the Samara Region called Chapaevsk in Russia. Our daughter Lenochka is 14 years old. Since childhood she has been suffering from a very serious disease lymphostasys of lower extremities. Last year...

My daughter needs help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old daughter. I live in Virginia and she is in Arkansas with her dad. I just spent thousands of dollars because my daughter has begged me to get her back. I had a lawyer and also my daughter had an attorney ad litem. I was in court in Arkansas all day December 3rd for the hearing...

View more questions Search