Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelocotr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Can my business account be garnished due to child support?
    Can my business bank account be garnished for child support?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 13, 2011, 06:10 PM

If it is your account, yes, assuming the person to whom you owe the CS has the appropriate writ (garnishment probably) against you.

If it belongs to a business which is a LLC, corporation, etc. that's another matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freeze on both my savings and checking account due to Child Support [ 6 Answers ]

I recently had a freeze put on both my savings and checking accounts due to child support. I adopted my ex-wife's children when they were 2 yrs of age and she has not allowed me to see them whatsoever since I re-located to try and find a job (being that the economy has been in such a horrid state...

Child Support / Garnished salary [ 3 Answers ]

I am going through hell and more to get a child support for my 2 small children, my soon to be ex husband doesn't want to pay and he is lying about how much he makes and because he is illegal no body can prove how much he makes. I heard something called "garnished salary" does anyone know about...

Can Child support be garnished from GI bill? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend is paying child support to three different women all in different states. (yes he has had a vasectomy) :p They take half of what is left of his paycheck after taxes and health insurance. He gets $360 from an $1100 check. He got a 2nd job to try to stay afloat, and they took half...

View more questions Search