Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alorac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 08:34 AM
    Draining an Inflatable Pool
    Need an easy way to drain a rectangle, inflatable pool; no drain plug and too heavy to lift;"bucket bailing" is a pain! Will a garden hose work?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 13, 2011, 08:44 AM

I would use a submergible pump - like a sump pump. You can get one at your local hardware store. Or buy a pump intended for getting water of a pool cover - your pool supply store probably has one.

As for using a garden hose without a pump - that will work if the end of the hose is positioned below the level of the water. But it will be pretty slow. Here are two quick "how to's" for this technique - the trick is to get the water flowing:
    How to Drain an Above Ground Swimming Pool Inexpensively | eHow.com
    How to Drain a Small Pool | eHow.com
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 13, 2011, 08:54 AM

If its inflatible then just press down with all your weight in one spot on the edge, it should dip enough to allow draining. The more you drain the more it will dip. How big is this pool?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 13, 2011, 09:01 AM

Or simply pop open the plug in the inflation tube and voilą - the air comes out, the walls collapse, and the water pours out. Of course the yard will end up totally soaked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool Draining [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 40000 gal in ground gunite pool. It was completely redone incl all plumbing in 2005. This morning I went out to fine no pressure on my 2 sand filters and the water level be;ow the skimmers. Approx 5 inches of water have drained. Not visible leaks or quantity of water visible>>>>> HELP...

Troubles with setting my easy to set best-way 12ft inflatable pool! [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I just recently brought a 12ft 336cm pool, I'm having troubles with it. I didn't want to spend a fourtune on sand as it is fairly exspensive.. so I laid tarp down. I put the pool down after, I set it up under a shaded tiled area. But here's the problem I had fine pumping up the ring around it....

Draining above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am having sinkholes fixed in the bottom of my above ground pool. The repairman has asked me to drain the pool before he arrives. The liner is only a year old. How long can I leave the pool empty without damaging the liner?

Draining a gunite pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gunite pool that is 8 years old. My alkalinity is so high that my pool guy has suggested draining about half the water and refilling. I have drained the pool down about a foot and a half, but the pump has stopped pumping water out. I was wondering if I need to adjust my valves to open the...

Draining a gunite pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I am trying to save my marriage! My husband wants to drain our pool - most places will build you a pool but know very little about repairing an existing pool - My question is do we leave the drain open or do we close the drain while painting? What is the type of wrench we use and where do...

View more questions Search