Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahg1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 06:32 PM
    How to find out if a will has been claimed for my deceased father
    My father was left an hineretence from a good friend my father passed away in 1990 his friend come looking for him in 1995 but my only remain uncle has not spoke about the visit since I have a copy of this will and there is me and to brothers left how could we see if he claimed this will
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2011, 06:52 PM

Please try proof reading your posts. Your question is very unclear. As near as I can tell a friend of your father mentioned him in his will. But your father died before this friend. You say you have a copy of the will. Does this will specify what happens to the inheritance if your father predeceases him. Do you know whether this friend has, in fact, died? If so, do you know where he lived when he died.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2011, 05:48 AM

I'll venture a guess that the friend rewrote the Will upon learning that the father died. Of course, that's just a guess -
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 13, 2011, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'll venture a guess that the friend rewrote the Will upon learning that the father died. Of course, that's just a guess -
    Could be. But then why did the friend bother to give OP a copy?

If you know where the friend lived, contact the probate court in that locality and ask whether the will was admitted to probate.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Could be. But then why did the friend bother to give OP a copy?
    This is assuming the friend gave the OP a copy. We don't know how the copy was obtained. Generally, a beneficiary is not given a copy.

Too many questions to here to speculate until the OP returns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out who claimed my deceased child on their taxes [ 10 Answers ]

My child died last Feb. and when I want to file taxes and claim my son IRS kicked it out saying someone else had already claimed this child on their taxes... we have been through so much this year with the loss of our son I can't understand how this could happen. Is there anyway we can find out who...

How to find out if my deceased father have an insurance policy? [ 2 Answers ]

How to find out if my deceased father has an insurance policy in the state of Peoria, Il?

Bio father is deceased. Father listed fled. Husband wants his name put on & to adpt [ 4 Answers ]

"I was 5 months pregnant when I met a man (obviously not the father), and started dating him. He wanted to marry me & raise the baby as it were his own. I married him right before the baby was born. The bio father wanted nothing to do with either of us and came to find out that he had another baby...

Mother claimed child when father was suppose to [ 3 Answers ]

I, mother of dependent, claimed our daughter when it was her fathers year to claim her. We are divorced and our permanent parenting plan states that we are to rotate years of claiming our daughter. However, it also states that both parents are responsible to pay half of our daughter child care...

How can I find all his insurance policies on my deceased father [ 2 Answers ]

There are several insurance policies on my father held by several different people and no one will produce one so we can get him barried. What method do I take to find them?:confused: {moved from Forum Help-Please take more care in choosing a posting forum-<>}

View more questions Search