Ask
    beccamesa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 04:26 AM
    Inhailing second hand smoke
    How can secondhand somke affect babies who inhale it
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 04:39 AM

Second hand smoke is just as damaging, maybe more so, then smoking a cigarette and taking in nicotine and all of the other toxins assocated with tobacco.

Second hand smoke can effect babies just as much as adults. Causing numerous cancers, along with lung cancer.

Young children should not be exposed to cigarette smoke.

Tick
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 04:39 AM

Hi Beccamesa,

Secondhand smoke contains hundreds of chemicals known to be toxic or carcinogenic, including formaldehyde, benzene, vinyl chloride, arsenic ammonia and hydrogen cyanide.

Children exposed to secondhand smoke are at increased risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), ear infections, colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, severe asthma, headaches, sore throats, dizziness, nausea, lack of energy, and fussiness. The younger the child, the greater the risk is.

Click on these links for information:

Second hand smoke exposure and your baby - iVillage

How Secondhand Smoke Injures Babies' Lungs

Oh baby! We Want to Keep You Safe From Secondhand Smoke

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exposure to second hand Crack Smoke [ 6 Answers ]

I have a serious problem. My lady friend is a serious and habitual Crack Smoker. I have been living with her and exposed to the second hand smoke now for over two years. When I leave on business or extended periods I feel like I am going through some form of withdrawal, cramps, dierria, modiness,...

Second hand smoke from crack cocain [ 1 Answers ]

I have to go for blood test, I do not smoke crake but my roommate does will second hand smoke show up in the blood test

Second hand smoke [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get second hand smoke from a smoker or marijuana smoker by KISSING them Scenario: you kiss someone who has just smoked, you can taste it and the smoke is still being breathed from that person's lungs Scenario 2: several days after a person has smoked they still breath out...

Second Hand Smoke on a Child [ 12 Answers ]

My 9yo nephew lives with his mom(single parent) who is a excessive smoker who smokes INSIDE:mad: their home even when my nephew is around. I sometimes visit them in their apartment but could not stay for long because I will end up smelling like an ashtray even if I stay for a few minutes. She...

Second hand smoke [ 1 Answers ]

Will second hand smoke from marijuana or crack cocaine effect a hair follicle drug test? How about if you have oral sex or kissing with a user but you don't use drugs, can their saliva pass drugs into your body that will show up in a hair follicle drug test?

View more questions Search