Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuvGirl0909 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 12:06 AM
    What is her problem?
    So 6 months ago, I got into this huge argument with another female, we are both females. She's in the Air Force and I'm a civilian. It was over something so petty. It was about wo bump into who first. Then it went from calling each other names.It was so ugly that the commander got involved. 5 months later I saw the girl and pulled her to the side so I could talk things out with her. She asked me if I was going to be rude. I said no. So chatted and she told me it was big of me, meaning I was being the bigger person.So ever sine then I'll say hi to her and ask her how she is doing. She'll respond. But I realize she never speaks to me unless I speak to her first.I'll see her at the gym,the mall, the store and she doesn't even break a smile or say hello. Why is that? I did ask her if she had anything against me. She said and said she never had anything against me because she barley knows me. So what is her deal. Why can't she said hi and bye to me. Why does she walk around like she is still holding a grudge. She did say she stay to herself to avoid drama. But I don't think a simple hello will kill her and get her kicked out of the Air Force.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jun 14, 2011, 10:40 AM

If things have smoothed over from the original incident, and as you said, you hardly know each other, I guess I'm not seeing what the issue is with her behavior?.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 14, 2011, 04:50 PM

I'm not seeing the issue either. She doesn't want to be friends, just leave her alone and let her live her life.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2011, 05:01 PM

I'll third the other advice. Why are you expecting a hello from her? She doesn't want to be friends, and she doesn't seem to want to be friendly. There's no rule that states someone has to say hello to you just because you two once had a fight and you apologized.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 18, 2011, 09:37 AM
    I do agree that you can't force someone to like you. When I was growing up, if you saw someone you knew, you smiled or waved. People just don't do that anymore.

If she says she barely knows you, and has no issues, then just let it be. If you think she is someone you might like to get to know, or want to be her friend, no harm in offering to go to coffee or lunch.

If she does accept, don't talk about the incident, talk about light, non confrontational things, weather, media, kids etc...

If she doesn't accept, leave it be, and if you feel so inclined to be polite and smile when you see her out, do so, but otherwise let her and IT go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2011, 11:24 AM
    I have to wonder what YOUR issue is, why do you think this person has to be a friend, They perhaps still don't like you, and feel you were in the wrong and got them into trouble with the base commander. ( big deal)

They are speaking now when you speak and that is etiquette, there is no requirement for them to speak to you first.

Why are you seeing them all the time, what is your connection with her ? Why can't you just stop talking to her at all and let it go?
    trulytrying Posts: 122, Reputation: 6

Sep 3, 2011, 07:36 PM
    Perhaps when she sees you--she is reminded of her own ill behavior and it makes her feel aggrivated--at you and herself. You did the right thing to try and smooth things out. You can continue to give a brief, polite smile in passing--but, I wouldn't try and engage her in anyway as she obviously doesn't want it. Try not to take it personally... just let her be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 year age difference a problem or my problem? [ 8 Answers ]

New here and thanks for 'listening'. Hubby and I 11 years difference. I'm 40, he's 51. We have 1 child age 6. Dated 6 years, he previously married and 1 child. Broke it off after 4 1/2 years said I deserved someone to marry me, give me family he did not want any of that. Well, year later we were...

Central heating problem or water meter problem? [ 3 Answers ]

We live in an apartment building and the individual water usage is measured by private water meters (mechanical). When the apartment was built, 2 years ago, some of the meters had been fitted the wrong way (in reverse). Yesterday a plumber attended to rectify 3 meters. My 2 neighbours meters were...

Dachshund Back problem - urinating problem [ 6 Answers ]

My dachshund is now on box-rest after his back problems caused paralysis in his back legs. Is there any method to help him urinate or defecate?Basically after losing the use of his back legs, he has lost the ability to urinate or defecate by himself.

My 2006 Taurus has a problem hesitating to start sometimes, what could be the problem [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes when starting my 2006 Ford Taurus, it hesitate to start, sometimes it does this and sometimes not, what could the problem? I'm thinking the starter. I replaced the battery, thinking it could be the battery, but the problem still exist. Help!

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

View more questions Search