Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merri12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 02:32 PM
    Credit card levy
    Can credit card judgments levy money from a bank account that is held in trust for my daughter for her social security checks? I am her payee and I want to keep her money safe. It is held: My name "Beneficary FOR" her name, as Social Security requests.
    Thanks,
    Micky
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 06:15 PM

Who is the Judgment against, you or her?
    merri12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 07:45 PM
    Credit card levy
    Sorry about that, It is for me not her not my daughter, I want to protect her from my judgment.
    Micky
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2011, 11:14 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/credit...vy-581216.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2011, 06:50 AM

First, when posting a follow-up question or info, please use the Answer options at the bottom of the page rather than the Comments. Don't start a new thread. I've merged your threads for you.

If you are the owner of the account, then they may attach it, even if she is listed as the beneficiary. For it to be completely protected it has to be either "in Trust for" or in her name, with you having administration privileges or as trustee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just received a bank levy on my account from a credit card debt that I owed. [ 14 Answers ]

I made a payment arrangement with this credit card collection agency and I had set up a payment arrangement with them so they were taking $50 from my account every month. They stopped taking money out of my account so I assumed the debt had been paid off as I haven't heard anything from this agency...

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Credit card bank account levy Texas [ 0 Answers ]

I have a credit card debt of approx. $19,000 owed to a federally chartered bank. We are Texas residents and reside in Texas. The account has been in collection for over a year. The collection agency has threatened to issue a levy on our bank account. We also have a business account which is an LLC...

Bank levy due credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a bank account with my wife, she got a debt since 2007, and we receive a letter from bank saying the account is overdrawn in 8000 due a levy. Also we receive a letter from court shown an index number. My accountant made a mistake whe he did my taxes and the IRS sent me my refund to...

View more questions Search