Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenbug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Am I that ugly that we cant have sex or is it really that were too old to do it
    My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half and all of a suddeun we can't have sex that much beacause he says" were not teenagers anymore" I'm 26 he's 35
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 10, 2011, 10:37 AM

Is that the only reason he's giving? Is it possible there's a medical problem preventing it?

How often is 'that much?' how often did you have sex? How often are you having sex now?

You guys are nowhere near too old to have sex. My guess is that there's either a medical or psychological reason he can't have sex, or he's looking for an excuse not to.
    SindySweets Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jun 10, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Big age difference, that's one. At his age, he might have different ideas or intentions than you. You're younger, still in the 20s which means your drive is still hot, while his might be breaching lukewarm. Talk to him about it, or maybe add some new ideas to spice things up :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2011, 10:42 AM

Is it the actual sex you are missing, or is it the closeness, the hugs, the togetherness, the loving and touching that you miss?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2011, 06:54 PM

Yes 35 is way over the hill ( LOL)

No men and women into their 60s, 70's and more are sexually active.

If he has a illness, high blood pressure, stress, worry, perhaps a job change or loss. Can all stop a man from performing. ( if that is the issue)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 10, 2011, 08:59 PM

I'd like to know how much "that much" is, frankly.

I'm 36, and I can't have sex 13 times a day anymore, either.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 02:19 AM

If all you have talked about with him is that you are concerned about the diminished sex in your relationship , you could start by increasing the level of your communication.

Has anything else been discussed? How much has the sex diminished ?
    Why did you ask about you being too ugly or old ? Did he say something to you to make you feel like this? (other than the teenagers comment)

The way to solve a majority of problems is through communication to exchange ideas and let the other know how you feel.
    You have given very little information which makes it hard to try to give any relevant advice.

More information is required to give a more specific answer.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SindySweets View Post
    you're younger, still in the 20s which means your drive is still hot, while his might be breaching lukewarm.
    Actually, biologically, men reach their sexual peak at 18 and it's all downhill from there, whereas women don't reach their peak until age 40 and older.
    SindySweets Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jun 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Wondergirl, regardless of a girls sexual peak, many are crazy sexual before even that age (including me), it doesn't change the fact she still wants sex more than he does
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SindySweets View Post
    Wondergirl, regardless of a girls sexual peak, many are crazy sexual before even that age (including me), it doesn't change the fact she still wants sex more than he does
    And wanting more sex may not be the issue at all.

You were turning it into a biological issue that is simply not valid.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 05:19 PM

My husband and I are both 40 and still going strong, so it's not an age issue.

This sounds like either a medical issue or a psychological issue. Have the two of you talked about this and his reasons?
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Jun 12, 2011, 02:01 PM
    It's the guy who is saying enough is enough.

Maybe he is still having the same amount of sex, only dividing it up a bit. Could be another good reason to have a sit down conversation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To ugly to have sex [ 6 Answers ]

I have never been in a relationship, nor have I ever wanted to have sex with anyone. I'm 26, over 160 lb, no *ehem* chest to speak of, and genetic baldness... I'm too ugly to be in a relationship. To ugly to have sex with anyone, no one would want to be with me. What can I do?

Ugly, Ugly brassy roots. [ 3 Answers ]

I have been coloring my hair blonde with L'oreal Les Blondissimes LB01 for years always with great results. However, recently my rooots have been turning horribly brassy. I have not changed my haircare routine at all however I do have some grey roots so I am wondering whether that could be the...

I'm so ugly [ 9 Answers ]

Why can't I be pretty? I can't live with being ugly

View more questions Search