Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FIEROG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2011, 10:26 PM
    Can I be fired from staples for not signing up enough rewards members?
    It is a staples directive to sign up 15 people per week for the rewards program. If you do not you get note to files and then write ups. Three write ups your gone. Sometimes its not possible to sign up that many people. Just seems like it is not fair.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2011, 05:34 AM

Do you have to sign any paperwork promising to abide by this directive?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FIEROG View Post
    Just seems like it is not fair.
    Hello F:

I agree... Why don't you see if they'll let you keep your job for no pay. Then you won't have to sign up anybody... Would that be fair?

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 07:35 AM

It's employment at will. Do what your employer requires of you (fair or not) or you're gone. You can be terminated because Staples doesn't like the color of your socks.

If you can't meet quota, find another job. This is not an unusual requirement.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2011, 07:03 PM

Yes, you work for Met Life insurance and don't sell enough policies, you don't keep your job.

If you work for State Farm in the office and don't arrange enough appointments for the agent, you are gone.

The Rewards program is very important to them for the marketing info it gains and tracks for people who use them.
    And they have made it clear you are to sign up people, so you have to be much more aggressive and outgoing to get them to sign up. Do you ask everyone, and I mean every person you see if they are signed up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing All Paperwork for a Job, Then Getting Fired [ 12 Answers ]

I was a temp at a well-known company for three months. I was very diligent and never missed a day. I even went around asking for additional work when my work was finished. Everyone praised me, and I was told by many they'd be nuts not to hire me. I was not informed of the fact that I had to pass a...

Staples used in surgery [ 0 Answers ]

I had my appendix removed approximately 10 years ago, it had burst. A recent scan showed that some of the staples used had come adrift. Also, I have a sterilisation clip floating around the same area. I've never been sterilised. Are the staples and sterilisation clip normal usage for an...

Do NM wire staples need to be UL listed [ 4 Answers ]

NEC 2008 Article 334.30 Securing and Supporting. Nonmetalic-sheathed cable shall be supported and secured by staples, cable ties, straps, hangers, or similar fittings designed and installed so as not to damage the cable, etc etc Article 550.4(d) Listed or Labeled. All electrical materials,...

View more questions Search