Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigmarki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Furnace Queations?
    I'm blowing cold dry air up from the basement. So far with success, but the highest temperature so far as only been 29 celsius. Would it harm the furnace if I blocked the upstairs in-take so that only cool air blows up?
    Sincerely,
    Mark
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2011, 10:13 AM
    Where is the air going to be coming from if you close off the one return ? Are there more returns in the downstairs or in the basement?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace burners ignite but won't stay lit on my trane xe78 furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE78 furnace and the flames come on for about 5-10 seconds and then shut off. They re-ignite about 10 seconds later, then shut off 5-10 seconds after the 2nd ignition. I believe they flame on one more time, shut off and then never re-ignite and the blower just runs and runs with...

Intertherm furnace e2eb-017hb runs briefly, shuts off, then furnace just clicks [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm furnace, e2eb-017hb. It comes on briefly, blows warm air, then shuts off, and a clicking sound comes from the coil contacts area. I have tested the t-stat, and also replaced a coil contact, thinking that was the problem. I would appreciate any help on what to do next.

I got the papers.few queations [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and my man is older then me he is in his 20's... my mom got papers and had it noterised and stamped saying I can get married to my boyfriend but it was stamped in Nevada can I get married in sandiego showing that paper? And can I get married since my mom got it stamped? He is a...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search