Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makbule Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:58 PM
    Is it possible to open your growth plates once they are closed?
    How can you open your growth plates?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 06:03 PM

What do you mean "open your growth plates"?

How old are you? Are you fully grown and not happy with your height?

There's really no way to make a person taller once they've stopped growing. There are surgeries, but they're very expensive and not usually performed on someone that doesn't have a need. Being short isn't a need. Having one leg shorter then the other is. Even then it's not cheap, and it doesn't always work.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 06:06 PM

No, it is not possible to reopen them.

Height is mainly genetically determined. Some things can adversely affect growth, such as poor nutrition or hormone imbalances, but stretching and exercise will not help you grow any more. You stop growing when the epiphyseal plates in your long bones fuse, preventing further elongation.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 06:11 PM

You've already been told this ad nauseum. How many times do we have to tell you that it's not possible to get any taller then you are?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...ht-580514.html

There are very invasive surgeries that try to expand the bones and increase height, but like I said, it's only done for people that are in need of this surgery (one leg shorter then the other, etc). As someone that's not happy with your height you wouldn't qualify for this surgery, and you'd likely not be able to afford it even if you did. It would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and many years of pain and suffering.

In short, you are the height you're going to be. You won't get taller, no matter what medications you think will help. There are no medications out there that increase height. That's a fact.

Learn to accept who and what you are. Spend your money on counseling to learn to accept the height you are. Don't waste your money on miracle pills that are nothing but a scam.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 07:00 PM

I have already told you NO!

This thread is closed as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 07:06 PM

I will add one last post, you must be a child, maybe 10 or 12 perhaps and not mature enough to fully understand life and how advertising misleads and cheats you.

What some TV sales of items like a food chopper or one of the "great" cleaning products. Most don't work, the TV ads or the magazine adds are great, but the product does not work,

They lie or mislead you with info. And no the police do not do anything, and most seldom ever give refunds, since guess what, it is not worth suing over 50 or 100 dollars, so nobody ever sues and they keep selling.

There is nothing that will make you "grow" you are what you are, and if you want to spend money on anything, go to counseling to learn to be happy with who you are

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Finding info about if the adoption was closed or open [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is wanting information on his son. We live in Ohio. At the time of his sons birth, he was incarcerated. The mother did not put his name on the birth certificate. He did get a dna test while in jail and the results proved him the father but I believe his son was already adopted. He never...

Where do I go to open closed adoption records? [ 8 Answers ]

I was adopted 31 years ago and I have decided to open my records. I know it was closed. That's about it. I know where I was born and in what hospital. Where do I start? I also know the name of the Dr. that help my adoptive parents but he is deceased. Any suggestions?

Changing english plates to spanish plates [ 1 Answers ]

I'm moving back to spain and I want to take my fiat barchetta with me but I heard that you have to change the licience plates over. How would I do this and how much does it cost? Is there anything else I should know?

Gate Open/Closed Indicator [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gate which can be opened with a remote control at the end of my driveway. I have seen a device which indicates when the gate is open or closed. It was fairly Simple, it was on a swivel. When the gate was closed it forced a "flag" into an up Position. The "flag" was a reflector which...

Crawl space vents open or closed? [ 1 Answers ]

Should I open or close my crawl space vents during the winter. I live in west NC, so it will most likely be below freezing most nights throughout the winter. I come from FL and am not used to this. I just don't want mey water line freezing up. Thanks! Craig

View more questions Search