Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anneoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:24 PM
    Sewer ejection pump for a sump pump?
    My sump pump for sewage had water pumps installed instead of sewer ejection pumps... is that OK?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Most ejector pumps are designed to pump solid materials and sump pumps are designed to pump relatively clean water. You may find the pump will plug up quickly and you don't want to be digging in the pit if at all possible. Who installed the pump?
    Anneoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 06:11 PM
    Mr. Rooter
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 07:35 PM

If you actually have a sewer pit call Mr. Rooter back and demand that they do the correct install. A sump pump is no match for a sewage ejector.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 08:27 PM

I could not agree more with previous posts. For sewer ejector you should use something like Zoeller M267 pump(s) which has 2" discharge. I suggest that you install correct pump ASAP before it becomes very messy job for you. Let us know what you decided to do. Back to you. Milo
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 08:45 AM
    Yes, Yes and Yes. Mr. Rooters problem. Have you paid them yet?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 9, 2011, 12:42 PM

Just to confirm again, a sewage ejector requires a pump with a 2" minimum discharge and a minimum 2" pipe from the pump... can't be reduced to 1.5" at any point...

Anything else is against code and illegal!

Mark
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 02:59 PM
    In GA, the ejector pump requires a dedicated vent, 2"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sump pump won't turn off after it has pumped the water out of the sump pit [ 2 Answers ]

My sump pump is only 3 years old and it won't stop running after it has pumped the water out of the sump pit. What do I do to fix this? Is there a switch that I have to adjust? Please help.

Diverting Sump Pump with Sewer System Overwhelmed [ 1 Answers ]

In mid-October (2008) there was a lot of rain (more than the sewer system in my area could handle). There was no place for the water to go (my sump empties to the sewer system). This flooded my unfinished basement. I figured out a way to divert the sump pump by using the hose from my shop vac,...

Sewer ejection pump [ 1 Answers ]

How much will it cost to fix my sewer ejection pump

Residential Sewer Ejection Pump and GFI [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sump pump in the backyard that was replaced 6 months ago. I had it wired through a GFI and it worked fine until now. Now it trips the GFI after 20 seconds. Then will only reset for a couple seconds unless I wait a half hour to reset it. Then I can get another 20 seconds. Anyway, the...

Ejection Pump [ 6 Answers ]

Pump is not ejecting the water through the line. I pulled it out and cleaned it:mad: but when I fill the basin and the floater rises it will not eject the water. Suggestions please.

View more questions Search