Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddreahn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2003, 09:19 PM
    ONe of my friends is getting married the same day
    I found out yesterday that one of my fiance' friends is getting the married the same that we are. This totally sucks. Because two of the guys that my fianc? Was going to ask to be groomsmen are also going to be asked my his friend. Hello problem, they can't be at both weddings. Come on first, they have to attend the rehearsal dinner they can't be at to places at once, and the wedding how is it going to look when two of the groomsmen leave in the middle of our wedding to go to the next. There supposed to be there for us to go on with are new life together and be supportive us and stay the whole night to tell us good bye and good luck. Ahh, what are we supposed to do? Should I let these guys be groomsmen at two weddings the same day. Also what are they going to do, eat and then leave to go to the next. And what if they drink, then they'll be gong to the next wedding that is not safe. What am I supposed to do. Should they only choose one wedding. But how can I get my fianc? To realize this? it's only logically right they have to commit to one. Right? I need help any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
    Jodi Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2003, 06:03 PM
    ONe of my friends is getting married the same
    Eww that stinks. Be a sport I'm sure your friends don't feel good about it either. If you want, ask them what they think tell them you want them to be part of your special day. Maybe you could find out what times everyone is doing things or split a limo or something to transport them back and forth so everything is taken care of. On their end, it’s a big deal too, you might just be thinking of yourself, but for them, financially, it’s a double whammy day. Do what you can do, as well as being an honor to stand up for a wedding it is an honor for you to have them support you as they are going to be doing a lot for you too. Appreciate them.

Nov 1, 2003, 06:05 PM
    In addition, the rehearsal dinner isn't that important, or at least the rehearsal part. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to walk down the isle. Like I said, this is also an inconvienience for them, be appreciative of friend's support, you are lucky to have good friends, not everyone does.

Nov 1, 2003, 06:07 PM
    ... And they could make both dinners, they don't have to eat twice, something could be figured out. Ask them to be in your wedding, its their decision how far they want to go for you as a friend. As for the drinking and driving part, offer for the limo ride, an extra 75 bucks is worth the safety of two friends going out of their way for you. Keep things in perspective and what is important. Your day and sharing it ith loved ones. Thants IT. :)

Nov 1, 2003, 06:10 PM
    How is it going to look? When they leave? Who cares it is your wedding and you know what is going on... I'm sure not many people are going to pay attention, and your wedding is not going to be PERFECT remember that you can't make everyone happy all the time. ::)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends [ 3 Answers ]

I just found out that all of my classmates hate me. I knew that I wasn't best friends with any of them but I didn't know that they hated me or made fun of me behind my back. One says I'm anoying and that I follow people around. If someone leaves, of course I go with them! What am I supposed to...

More than friends [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my friend for more than 6 months now. I've known him for over a year. We have a special relationship, you could say that we are basically "fuck-buddies". We end up having sex at least once a week and we've arranged it that way. We've never actually sat down and talked about it, it...

I have no friends! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I have a problem which is completely eating me up and it's getting worse day by day. The main problem is that I find it difficult to keep friends. Whenever I make friends with a group of people, there is always one person in that group who takes a dislike to me, and she (it's...

Friends [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter has had a close group of friends since elementary school. Lately the only time she sees them is if she initiates a call to them and that takes some work. She is blown off a lot. What should I do? I fear she is doing something they don't like.

Friends? Is this the end? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi you guys. Thanks for all your help on the previous post (Insecurity Guy):p . As it turned out we have seen each other a week later. We went out to a café and had a good time with her, at certain points I could tell she was on the verge of saying she wanted to break up with me. Anyway we...

View more questions Search