Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deysweetezz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 03:11 PM
    16 year old dating a 26 year old man
    I a 16 year old girl dating a 26 year old guy.I lied to him about my age and now am scaed to tell him the truth?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 04:23 PM

Don't tell him, just stop seeing him.
    Deysweetezz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:34 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Its not that easy as you make it sound we have gotten really close that its hard to let go.. I dunt think anyone would understand how I feel :/
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2011, 06:53 PM

Yeah, obviously not that close if he doesn't know you're a minor. Unless he does know and he's just a pedophile looking to take advantage of you. If you can't stop seeing him, why not talk to your parents. Then they can get the police involved. It'll go from being hard to let go to impossible to see him.

This is why children should not date adults. You are simply too young to be in this situation.

The only thing to do is end it. If you really feel you have to tell him why you are ending it then do so. But really, if he doesn't know you're still a child he's an idiot and not worth the time it would take to explain it anyway.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 06:59 PM

its not that easy as you make it sound we have gotten really close that its hard to let go.. I dunt think anyone would understand how I feel :/
    People who are in a relationship and have gotten "really close" don't base that relationship on lies.

You're lying to him, and you're putting him at risk. Because of your age difference he could go to jail and have a record as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

If you care about him as much as you say you do then you'll end this relationship now. If you don't end it then you're only thinking about yourself. Being selfish isn't love. Letting someone go because it's best for them is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 07:19 PM

And I have no idea what a child and a grown man could have in common except him wanting sex and her liking the attention of a older man.

At the worst he is a sexual preditor and taking advantage. At the next she is the problem and has gotten this man to not know she was a minor.

In either case, he risks jail or prison and being on a list for the rest of his life.

If you are really in love, both of you, then splitting up for now, and waiting for a couple years will work.
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Jun 11, 2011, 11:05 PM
    Well he should notice on how young you look and why would you even date a 26 year old, that's just wrong, but anyway yeah don't tell him your age just tell him you don't want to be with him anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with a 16 year old daughter dating a 22 year old man [ 44 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter is dating a 22 year old man he lives next door and he is a bum he has no job and doesn't even leave his house only to sign on to get his benefits she was dating him when she was 15 and I thought I put a stop to it and as soon as she went 16 in April this year they got back...

I am 20 year old dating a married man. [ 20 Answers ]

I been dating a married man for almost two years now . I am 20 and he 29 year old handsome business man. Don't get me wrong I am not with him because of the money or his looks because I am not materialistic, I really love him. We are so emotionally attached. We really love each other. The worst...

I am dating a man that has an 8 year old kid [ 16 Answers ]

About a month ago I met a man and we began dating. He told me from the start he had an 8 year old girl from a previous marriage. The first week was amazing because for some reason his child was at his mother's house all week and we spent every night that week together, dining, going to the...

I was dating a marreid man for a year [ 8 Answers ]

Im so in love with him and I know is crazy all of this but I can't helped. He is so passionate and we fit each other I just don't know if he will leave his wife for me honestly I will love that because I love him so much. I can't just said I don't wish that because what I feel is real but I really...

View more questions Search