Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackshadow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Homeowners Association Lien on my property
    I sent the HOA a check in May 2006 for 50% of the annual fees as my house was under contract. I had to leave home to look after my mom for 4+ months. I returned to my
    Home in November 2006. I applied for a loan in January 2007 to help pay for my mom's
    Medical expenses, I was told by the lender that the HOA had a lien on my home. I went to
    The Courthous to get a copy of the Lien as the HOA had not sent me a copy. I have tried to
    Pay the Lien, I sent a Cashier's check by Certified Mail to the HOA. I also sent a Cashier's
    Check to the HOA by Certified Mail for the 2007 HOA fees which are not due until March 2007. I have just received notices from USPS that both the Cerified Mail were REFUSED by the HOA. I cannot therefore get the HOA to discharge and Release the Lien on my
    Hone which means that I cannot close the loan on my home so I cannot pay for my mom's
    Care. Can anybody suggest hoe I can enforce payment on the HOA ?:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 12:30 PM
    You sue them to clear the title.

Without getting my real estate book out I can't tell you the name of the suit, but it has to do with specific performance to clear the lien.
    djsampson01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Summons received and 30 days to responded or settle. My situation is this, I forgot about the HOA fee and was never notified in writing of the fees. During this period, I retired from the military and relocated back to my home in FL. The fees are due in Jan/Jul of each year. I received a letter from an attorney in Mar. I paid the fee immediately with paying the late fee. I paid the Jul assessment in Jun. The attorney has filed a claim lien against my home and now a lawsuit for fees that I have already paid. The HOA Covenant states that each owner will receive a 30 notice prior to the payment due date. What should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A property that had a lien on it [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a question. I was wondering how they can sell a property that had a lien on it. I live in the state of Ohio and they just did this us recently. Our home was foreclosed on and it had a lien on it and now we are getting sued by the place that placed the lien on it in the first place. How...

Does Forgiveness force association? [ 41 Answers ]

Is a Christian under obligation to associate with an offending person on a friendly basis in order to show that he has forgiven him? Does refusal to associate indicate lack of forgiveness? Or does it all depend on the gravity of the offense?

Property lien question... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... I actually searched through quite a bit of your questions to see if I could find anything similar to this problem but no luck... Here's the problem... 1) I bought a 5 acre piece of property here in New Mexico about 5 years ago. 2) The 5 acres is in a subdivision that has...

Filing Lien on a property [ 2 Answers ]

I invested in a property with another person... the property and mortgage are entirely in his name, and there was a partnership agreement executed at the beginning of this process. My dollar investment into this property has been 4X that of my partner, and we are now trying to sell the...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search