Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoBill Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 12:08 PM
    Mungo Pines
    How do you trim Mungo Pines. I have 2 large ones that have never been trimmed or cut back. When is the best time of year to trim and how and how much so the pine bush does not go into shock. They are looing big now and I must do something soon. Zone 5 in Illinois. Thank you.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2011, 01:52 PM

I don't know but wanted to let you know that if other plants around them are dying, these mungo pines attract some kind of beetle or other bugs that eat other plants... I ripped mine out and ever since, everything else around them is healthier!
    JoBill Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Comment on dontknownuthin's post
    Thank you for the info. So far other plants are doing fine. I haven't noticed any bugs or beattles. So far I havem't had any problems, but I still need to know when and how is the best time to prune or trim back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ingrown bump on my pines [ 9 Answers ]

I was having sex with someone that did not have sex in two years, and while having sex I was feeling swore, I 6 times that day in less the 5 hours. Then two days later I had a ingrown not in the middle of my penis between the top and the bottom, it started to get bigger and it stared to hurt me,...

View more questions Search