Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RandyDeanSr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 12:08 PM
    Piano key ivory
    I have a old piano around 1910 or before with all ivory keys 3 are chipped I want to sell how much is anyone willing to give me for the whole piano or just the keys.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2011, 12:54 PM

What is the brand name on the piano? How do you know for sure that the keys are ivory? How do you know the year that it was built? For something like a piano of that age, your best bet is to get it appraised from a local antique appraiser.

Any appraiser would have the same questions: If you have provenance, have it available for the appraiser.
    RandyDeanSr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 01:13 PM
    I took apart the piano and took the keys off they are ivory but the piano isn't any good anymore
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 06:59 AM

If the piano is no good then maybe the ivory keys are worth more than the piano.

I don't know how you are sure that the keys are ivory, but if they are, you ought to take them to local antique dealers to get their take on what they are worth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of ivory keys to old piano? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old upright piano that is poor condition so rarely played. We are going to dismantle it and I was wondering if there is any value to the old ivory keys?

Can you sell piano key ivory? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a piano that's around 100 years old. It was not taken care of and hardly any of the keys work. I have had it worked on numerous times, but can no longer afford to repair it. There is genuine ivory on each of the keys. I have been told there is a market for the old ivory but have no idea...

Can you sell piano key ivory? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a piano that's around 100 years old. It was not taken care of and hardly any of the keys work. I have had it worked on numerous times, but can no longer afford to repair it. There is genuine ivory on each of the keys. I have been told there is a market for the old ivory but have no idea...

View more questions Search