Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2007, 10:53 AM
    A big big big problem.
    OK.. this one is weird. When I insert a cd in my cd-rom it reads it but it doesn't updates it. Not this is not a big problem but when I insert a writable cd and click on write these new files to this cd, I get the error that there is no cd in the cd-rom. Then I restart my operating system with the cd inserted in it. After the computer is restarted, the system detects the cd and writes the files but when I insert another cd and try to write some other files, it again gives the same problem.
    And this is not it. When I change the name of my partions, it doesn't changes unless I restart my OS. Also I have a software called Folder Guard (to hide folders). When that software is guarding/hiding some folders, the recycle bin doesn't opens up and the search torch keeps on moving to and fro. Then I have to turn off the protection, restart my computer and then open the recycle bin.
    Please can someone tell me that what the hell is wrong with my PC. And yes, I have formated my C drive and reinstalled XP but still getting the same problems. And one more thing, two months back I had Fedora 5 installed on my PC. Then I reinstalled XP. Since then I am facing these problems. Now I have formated the drives on which Fedora was installed but still no improvement. No clue what's wrong with it. :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Please Help

GB
    billythekiddrummer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 10:00 AM
    I would open the case of the computer and see if the cable is connected to the mother board. HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!! Before you do anything else, keep touching your computer case, because it is made of metal, the static buildup you get from moving things builds up and you have to discharge. This doesn't mean have one hand on the computer case, but every time you are done with a step, touch it. . The first thing to do this, I would open the case, and SAVE ALL SCREWS!! Then find were your cd drive is, and make sure all cables are connected to the drive. Then follow those cables until you hit something that's flat, and green/brown/gold in color. Push those cables in there too. But the case back together and turn on your PC. If that doesn't work, call up tech support, or if your computers not under warranty, you can call my computer repair service at 18779011816.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big math problem [ 19 Answers ]

I just got into middleschool and I am having huge problems with math my dad says that I might just find it boring and not be trying but I try really hard and yet my brain just won't work and its not a that I'm a dunce my reading is 7 grades above me and I write great poetry math just doesn't click

Windows 98 please help with big problem [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to go back a few days when my computer was working good, i know you go to start, run, type a word, like Msconfig, and ok... you can choose a day that your computer was working good. Thank you... [email protected] Please e-mail me...

In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel. [ 1 Answers ]

I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were...

Big Belly Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Big belly which grown up gradually in a couple of years. How can I reduce it and bring it to normal size?

I have a BIG problem and only a LITTLE time to spare [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help.. I'm the last month I have had sex with three people... in sept. I was checked for the usual and I had I never had gotten my meds for it so I still have it.. about two days ago I went to the doctor with my cousin to get checked. Because I had some red bumps on my vagina. The are...

View more questions Search