Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amrozy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Attic type vent for an attic-less barn style house
    I have a barn style house. The upstairs ceilings & walls are shaped just like the roof w/slants. I do not have an attic. I live in Texas and during the summer, our upstairs is a sauna. I was thinking of getting some type of vent to install in the upstairs hallway to suck out the hot air during the day while we're gone to work. Any ideas how to go about this and what kind of vent to use? I do not have any gables, or vents in my roof, outside walls or awnings. Not worried about noise from the fan... just making it weather-proof and user controlled. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2011, 05:45 PM

You need some kind of turbine type vents. Check at Lowe's or Home Depot and see what they recommend. You also need some type that close in cold weather.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attic vent and vent pipe leaks through roof [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: I have water leaking down through the attic vents and white PVC vent pipes. What is the best way to repair these leaks? Can repairs be made from inside the attic? Should the vents be replaced (they are plastic)? Thank you!:(

Vent the attic? [ 0 Answers ]

Any advice or tips on insulating our "Bunker" We are renovating a 1981 concrete and steel house built in to the earth on two sides. The roof is concrete and supported by 24 by 9 galvanized bridge I beams space every 4 feet O/C. The Q deck is mostly gone from 30 years of unrestricted (vented)...

How do I splice the wires in the attic to put a light and a plug socket in the attic [ 3 Answers ]

How do I splice wires in the attic to install a plug socket

Insulating 'Sears' type house Floor/wall/attic [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning renovations for my house which I am told is a 1948 'Sears' type house 1.5 stories, original wood siding, now with metal siding. Thick plaster walls with no insulation. Attic has insulation up to the top of joist. Floors have no insulation. Floors are cold on feet. Duct work only...

Insulating Cape Cod Style House Attic/Crawl Space [ 3 Answers ]

The house has a Cape Cod roof without any gables in the bedrooms. There are two bedrooms and a bath on the top floor in the back half of the house. The roof angles (45 degrees) down to the front of the house just above the middle floor. In front of each of the bedrooms, there is a crawl space...

View more questions Search