Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drache Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2004, 05:27 PM
    Bridal shower
    What is the custom for a bridal shower. I know the mother of the bride is supposed to throw it. But my mother and sisters live in Florida, but my fiance's family and my friends live in New Jersey. Do I have two separate parties? Or should I have a party before the wedding when everyone is together?
    eviepooo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2004, 12:34 PM
    Bridal shower
    Actually, the mother of the bride is NOT supposed to throw the bridal shower. The shower should be thrown by a friend, not a relative. You could have two separate parties (again, not thrown by relatives), but if your family and friends are scattered, you could have a get-together a few days before the wedding when everyone is in town for the big event. (I've been to several of those and they've all been lovely -- exciting because they're right before the big day!)

Good luck!
    heartfeltdesigner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2005, 08:08 PM
    Hi Drache,
    I agree with Eviepoo's answer. I thought I'd give an additional suggestion. It gets very hectic as you get closer to the wedding date.
    How about planning a "girls day out" with your mom and sisters. This could be anything from an informal lunch, to a full day at a spa. The idea is for you to relax and have fun. Find more helpful ideas at www.bridal-shower-ideas-for-you.com Best wishes!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2005, 05:53 AM
    Bridal Shower
    Hi,
    Anyone can give you a bridal shower. You could have your friends give you one close to home, then your relatives could also give you one in FL. They would probably want to invite some people who are good friends of theirs, but you might not even know.
    You could also have a "get together" at a convenient place for both from NJ and FL, but it's up to you. Sometimes, some families don't even really meet until the wedding day.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridal head pieces... [ 2 Answers ]

Apart from a veil and a tiara, does anyone have any ideas about bridal headpieces that aren't too out there? My hair is really curly, so it should be quite simple - but the wedding isn't traditional enough for a veil... So, I was thinking about a fascinator, but all the ones that I've found...

Shower Pipe Drips When Shower Head is Removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I keep buying new hand held showers heads that leak from the hose. I buy Delta brand. After I installed a new one yesterday, it started leaking from the hose again. Today I took off the entire shower head and see that from the pipe that comes out from the wall, it drips water at a pretty...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Rebuilding Shower - Leveling new shower drain? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have come to the postings to get some help as I am a novice plumber. I've gutted my ensuite tilled shower down to the floor. In whacking out the cement pan, and I assumed that I've probably cracked the old drain so when I got to the wood floor I cut away the older PVC 2" piping back...

Best way to install fixed shower head and personal shower [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower setup. I want to install a fixed shower head as well as a hand held personal shower with hose. On the Kohler website they sell a diverter valve with some sort of backflow valve for this purpose. I have a friend who just had this done and he has no diverter valve just...

View more questions Search