Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball12 View Post
    I probably wont hit it.
    You had better not hit that dog, or I will come after you. Do Not Ever Hit a Dog!!!!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:08 PM
    if she/he had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night...
    How will you know that's why the puppy is crying?
    I would probably ask someone to come with me out side
    And you will be Miss Popularity for doing that.
    snowball12 Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Jun 7, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Who had the attention span of a gnat?

Jun 7, 2011, 01:10 PM
    What do you mean by "Miss Popularity"

Jun 7, 2011, 01:12 PM
    And when I said ," i will probly not hit it" I meant I WILL NOT hit it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Who had the attention span of a gnat??
    If a dog or cat or horse or cow poops or pees in the wrong spot, they have absolutely NO idea that's the wrong spot and DO NOT understand why you are angry. They go when they have to go. It takes hours and hours of patient training to teach dogs where to poop and pee -- just like when you were a baby. Your mom scolding you for making a dirty diaper didn't mean a thing to you. If she yelled at you, you just got scared of her. Same with a puppy.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:15 PM

You will not be Miss Popularity because no one is going to be happy if you have to wake him or her up in the middle of the night because your puppy is crying.

Jun 7, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Oh.. How do you know so much?? Hahaha! I will be all prepared by the time I get a puppy! With food, a bed/crate (maybe both) toys, etc.

Jun 7, 2011, 01:18 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Oh.. hahaha.. that won't be too good. But I would probably be to scared to go outside alone.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:23 PM
    oh.. How do you know so much??? hahaha! I will be all prepared by the time i get a puppy! with food, a bed/crate (maybe both) toys, etc.
    But will you know how to be a good owner? Are you going to read up on training and dog care and get books from the library and read the web sites that someone had posted? Owning a dog is more than feeding it and playing with it.

Do you know about dog characteristics? Some like to run like crazy after squirrels and chipmunks, some are good escape artists and run away all the time, some are couch potatoes, some are diggers and will dig up your back yard, some get to be very large, some shed a lot, some drool a lot and leave saliva all over the place.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:25 PM

What if your puppy cries during the night but he doesn't have to pee or poop? What will you do?

Jun 7, 2011, 01:29 PM
    I took out about 6 books from the library and I am putting together something about dogs. How they need exercise and you can't slack off on the job just because you are tired or lazy. And you have to walk your dog everyday, maybe even 2 times a day. And you have to clean out your dogs water dish everyday because no one likes drinking out of a dirty bowl.and you have to feed them 2-3-4 times a day (or something) (I will find that out) and I said that when you got the dog you are committing and agreeing to giving him/her everything he/she needs. And how you should bring bags with you when you go walking justs in case the dog poops. I really truly hope this is going to be a very fun experience for me. (and I am looking forward to those walk just me and my little baby!) I have dreamed of getting a dog for a long time! Any finally, its coming true!

Jun 7, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I will comfort her or if she is hungry... I will feed her

Jun 7, 2011, 01:36 PM
    Comment on snowball12's post
    And you have to make a schedule of what times you feed her/him (the dog).
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:40 PM

But if you feed her in the middle of the night, you are setting yourself up for trouble.

Even if you comfort the puppy, you are setting yourself up for trouble.

Jun 7, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Comment on snowball12's post
    And when I say "you" I mean anyone... mostly me for when I get a dog!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 01:42 PM

How old are you?

Jun 7, 2011, 01:43 PM
    What do you mean I am setting myself up for trouble
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 01:44 PM
    He/she will probably sleep in my room in a crate or a bed. and I probably wont hit it. and if she/he had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night... i would probably ask someone to come with me out side :) And do you have any suggestions on how to properly train a puppy to go to the bathroom out side????

I have very little patience because I see so many dogs surrendered by people who don't have a CLUE what they are doing.

That having been said - she will "probably" sleep here or there?

You would "probably" ask someone to come outside.

And the shocker - you "probably" won't hit it?

Has anyone asked your age?

You are very ill prepared to have a puppy - or an adult dog, for that matter.

Are you doing the reading that WG suggested or are you simply sitting at the keyboard, asking questions?

Jun 7, 2011, 01:45 PM
    I can't exactly tell you my age but I am not a teenager

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting a Dog [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm sad to say that my girl will soon be moving away fro grad school, and although we agreed that we will stick it out and stay together, we also agreed that she should take our Jack Russell so she's not alone. With that being said I will soon want to adopt a dog. I'm thinking...

Adopting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 years old just recently got married in march this year I have a 4 year old son who is not my husbands son could you help us my husband want's to know how he can adoped my son and how much it will cost thanks :confused:

Adopting A Puppy [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my family have always had a dog but our last one recentley died. My dad is allergic but likes dogs. Me and my mom are thinking about adopting a rescued pug puppy, my dad says no but I think I can convince him somehow, how can I?

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

Looking into adopting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with...

View more questions Search