Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauraxx28 Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jun 7, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Lost my fiancé
    I lost my fiancé may 25th 2011 it was his funeral yesterday June 6th... my birthday was June 5th.and we were meant to be married June 4th... im hurting really bad I tried to kill myself but I was found.I wish iwasnt.. I so badley want to be back in his arms again...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraxx28 View Post
    i lost my fiance may 25th 2011
    I'm so very sorry to hear this. What happened? Was he ill or in an accident? Please tell me more!

Jun 7, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    He was just 34,he died in his sleep.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 10:51 AM

How terrible! Are doctors trying to find out what happened?

Tell me more about him. How did you first meet him and fall in love?

Jun 7, 2011, 12:02 PM
    We met 5 years ago and it was really love at first sight.we were always together.if there was 1 the other wasn't far away.y do you want to know so much!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 12:25 PM

I want you to tell me about him. I want to keep his memory alive in your heart and also in mine. That's very important for people who are left behind, like you and me.

Tell me about some special gifts or qualities he had. Did he love music? Animals? Cars? Sports? What was his favorite food?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 01:59 PM

I was widowed. I know some of the pain you are experiencing, the disbelief, having your world blown apart. Everyone here has lost someone... but until it's a spouse (or significant other) there are no words to describe the anguish. I'm sure you feel alone and desolate. All of your plans are now ashes. Of course, you are also alone. Your best friend has been torn from you.

I know you won't believe me. I know you don't think it's possible but it will get better. There is no time frame, no two people grieve in the same fashion. It was my experience that a better day would be followed by a worse day. The nights were terrible. Can you sleep?

You need to do whatever it takes to get yourself together - talking to friends, telling "us" about him (why you loved him so much, his wonderful personality), joining a group, praying (if you are religious or a believer).

You do him no honor if your life ends with his. I know that doesn't make sense to you right now but it's true.

I am so very sorry for your loss. The world must look like a bleak and terrible place right now. All I can do is tell you to take one hour at a time. Eventually it becomes one day at a time.

The bitter truth is that you will always love him. You will always miss him. Your pain will become less intense, and your life will go on.

I didn't believe it either.

Try to find some peace in any way you can.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 07:20 PM

I have lost two wives, one was shot to death, and the other died of cancer. There is never a good way to deal and we each deal different. And killing yourself does not put you in their arms, it only makes you dead. We live in their honor, we know they would want us to live on. We live our life in memory and for them.
    Inesa Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Hi Laura I understand the pain you are going through, my life is a blur now, my fiancé died in his sleep on 17th of April 2011, our wedding was due on 16th of July. 1st few weeks I didn't believe that what happened is true, couldn't event think that HE is gone, now is getting to me slowly, I can't sleep, eat, nothing has meaning at all. People keep telling that time will help..? Please try bereavement counselling I just went via nhs as couldn't cope, (even having family and friends being there for me) just hope it may help me as I don't even know who I am no more, the pain is beyond belief. I'm really feeling 4you, please try to keep strong I know it isn't easy at all.

Jun 8, 2011, 08:02 AM
    My fiancé died in his sleep as well.they have no clue what happened to him.I think that is the killer for me.I just feel as thou I can't cope or live without him.

Jun 8, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Comment on lauraxx28's post
    I still don't know myself, there is an inquest, they said it may take a while... he was all fine night before and when I woke up he wasn't moving, I know how hard it is for you I can't even think about that morning! Nothing seem important any longer, I just take life "step by step" now, sometimes I get better moments, next moment I cry, or just get sooooo down and low, other times I can't even face people and just want to hide :(

Jun 8, 2011, 09:25 AM
    That is what I'm doing.just sitting in the house all the time,we went everywhere together.joined at the hip... its seems impossible to live without him now.I feel so very low.I can't even explain the pain I feel.my lover my friend and my soulmate has been taken away from me,x

Jun 8, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Sorry.

Jun 8, 2011, 02:26 PM
    Comment on lauraxx28's post
    Same here every single moment of ouf lives together 4 almost 9yrs, couldn't get enough of each other, so happy we were, and now just emptiness and pain that takes over everything and don't know how to get back to live my life at the moment, Im seeing lady that deals with beareavment counselling , it will be my 2nd meeting next week, really don't know if that will help but I I'm looking 4sth that can ease this overwhelming sorrow

Jun 9, 2011, 02:19 AM
    People keep telling me that it will pass in time,but the people saying that arnt the ones who have lost there partners,I haven't ate anything since he died 2 weeks ago.I just feel like disapering into thin air...

Jun 9, 2011, 04:36 AM
    I know this pain is unbearable, so many plans 4the future and everything torn away in one moment, your partner who you shared everything with, you know every single expression on his face, beauty spots on their body, every single gesture, the way they move, what makes them happy... we planned to start family straight away after our wedding, even had names 4 our children...

eating and sleeping are huge problem to me as well

Jun 9, 2011, 07:27 AM
    I am getting sleeping pills from the docs.witch don't help me stay asleep,I just want to fade away.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 09:12 AM

Are you getting any counseling?

You need to talk to people and be around people who care about you.

I have been where you are today and I know it takes time to get to the point where life starts to feel ''normal'' again.

My heart goes out to you.

Jun 9, 2011, 01:18 PM
    Comment on amicon's post
    I am not getting any counselling.. I just have my kidz.and they are too young... for all this to be going on...

Jun 9, 2011, 01:20 PM
    He loved music,cars and sport.he would eat anything... he was a really lovely guy.always thought about everybody else then himself.all he ever wanted to do is make me happy,and I blame myself for his death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost my fianc? and it's hard to be happy. What can I do? [ 3 Answers ]

It's been two months since his death and I am four and a half months pregnant, we have a three year old son also. How do I keep myself from falling?

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost my fianc? Of 10 yrs [ 1 Answers ]

I am so sorry for your loss.I too lost my fiancé of 10 yrs. On June 25,2010. I am hurting so very much. We were like 2 peas in a pod. We did everything togethe, we worked together, we worked out together, we would spend everyday and just about every hour together. He was the best thing that...

My fiancŽ has lost sexual interest in me! [ 11 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with my Fiancé for more than 2 years now. We live together and I am very much in love with him. I do not want anyone else. I think about my Fiancé all the time. I love being around him and when we have sex it it incredible. We have always had a great sex life. 5 or 6...

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

View more questions Search