Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raj506044 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2011, 11:25 AM
    How to convince GF parents about our marriage ?
    We both are in a relationship since 2 years . We are deeply in love with each other . I am a south indian and she is a oriya . Initially both families were against . But it took me 1 year to convince my mom and dad about my love . Her parents are very strict and are against our relationship . The are not allowing her to to go outside home to even pursue her carrier . We are both decided not to take any ways that would hamper the families reputaion . But its very tough and depressing to go through the situation .The past months have been very depresing for me & that has affected a lot in my carrier also. Please suggest some ways in which we can proceed . Thanks in advance .
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2011, 12:34 PM

I'm confused - you have decided not to take this to another level which would harm the reputation of both families BUT you want to know how to proceed. It doesn't seem that those statements fit together.

You either defy one or both families OR end the relationship if you cannot convince the families that you should marry.
    raj506044 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2011, 03:31 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Hey I mean that , we would not run away from our house and wd try to convince our parents . But it seems this is becoming very tough , as her parents are very conservative in nature . Could you suggest some alternatives , or any ideas that wd be suitable in case . Thanks .
    preppylady Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 19, 2011, 09:32 AM
    You and your GF should talk to your GF's parents about it in a very calm way. You should ask them to sit down with you and your GF and maybe make them some lunch or dinner or something like that. Then you should talk to them and tell them how much you love your GF and tell them you are planning to get married. Tell them how caring and sweet and loving your GF is. Then tell them that you would promise them that you will always love your GF and take care of her. Maybe they would agree to it and There you go.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 05:31 PM

Maybe the two set of parents could meet, with a trusted religious leader, as mediator, and advocate on your behalf.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to Convince parents for Love marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, My name is Sandhya and I belong to a middle class family with Genaral-VaishyaVani Caste.I love a Boy who is also from middle class family and from General-KKshatriya Maratha caste. The problem is I had a break up with a guy of same caste before this guy came to my life. My breakup...

How to convince parents for love marriage [ 2 Answers ]

How to convince my parents for my inter-cast marriage he is a muslim and I am a hindhu *** suggest me.

How-convince-parents-love-marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am yuvaraj,I have a problem *** read carefully and tell good sugestion. Past 11 years I love with one girl. Both are very thickest lovers. I am very much loves her. In my parents accepted my love, but her parents not accepted . Why they are not accepted means both are same caste but 3 year...

How to convince your parents for love marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Myself BIBHU age 25 yrs civil Eng.working in a MNC and I love a Nepali girl age 23 yrs.my parents are against this love marriage.also I have a younger sister who is studying B.tech.if I will marry her my sister can't get desired groom for herself.Iam at great problem just somebody have put whole...

View more questions Search