Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 09:00 AM
    The anti-Semitic adventures of...
    Foreskin Man. That's right ladies and gentlemen, unhindered by arguments of science, medicine or reason, the anti-circumcision crowd has created a superhero to combat the evil Mohel. You just can't make this stuff up...

The Anti-Defamation League is none too happy about it, and some of us are wondering why they didn't depict a monstrous Imam about to attack some defenseless child.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Hello Steve:

Circumcision is ritualistic child abuse... I'll be you don't have any kind words about Africans who ritually circumcise their daughters..

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 09:52 AM

Ah, so you're OK with anti-Semitism? That's odd for a Jew. As far as I know we don't have a pressing problem with female circumcision in the U.S. We DO have a problem with lunatic, anti-Semitic leftists.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 10:01 AM

The medical community is divided about the benefits of circumcision . I agree that a lot of the circumcisions are rooted in ritual . But much of the ritual of the desert religions come from practical health reasons that may or may not be valid today.
    Here is one medical link for the benefit. There are others that are con.
    Benefits from Circumcision, Medical, Hygiene

Edit... the illustration makes it look like the Rabbi is about to perform the "blood libel"
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Ah, so you're ok with anti-Semitism?
    Hello again, Steve:

I'm against Priests molesting people too, but I wouldn't call me anti-Catholic. Just cause I'm a Jew doesn't make everything Jews do, OK.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 01:29 PM

So you are OK with these morons' anti-Semitism? That's the point of this post, not the merits of circumcision, female mutilation or abuse by priest. Try to stay focused here.

Nancy J. Appel, ADL Associate Regional Director, issued the following statement:

“This is an advocacy campaign taken to a new low. This is a sensitive, serious issue where good people can disagree and which the Jewish community feels is an assault on its values and traditions going back thousands of years and centered in the Hebrew Bible. It is one thing to debate it, is another thing to degrade it. ’Foreskin Man,’ with its grotesque anti-Semitic imagery and themes, reaches a new low and is disrespectful and deeply offensive.

“The comic book portrays mohels — those specially trained to perform the traditional Jewish circumcision ceremony — as rapacious, bloodthirsty and bent on harming children. Some of the imagery calls to mind age-old anti-Semitic canards such as the blood libel, the accusation that Jews ritually murder Christian children. Another comic in the series also calls up more subtle anti-Jewish themes, such as when a character complains that the ‘pro-circumcision lobby’ has ‘all of the well-connected doctors and lawyers.’

“We would have hoped those backing the anti-circumcision effort in San Francisco would know better than to use this type anti-Semitic imagery to advance their cause. No matter what one’s personal opinions of male circumcision, it is irresponsible to use stereotypical caricatures of religious Jews to promote the anti-circumcision agenda.”

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost adventures [ 2 Answers ]

Do you believe that the "paranormal" they catch on video is true? i dont think so ...but its kind of interesting in a retarded way i watch it anyways.. buuuut i mean >???? ..seriously?in general.. do you believe in ghosts or spirits...or whatever lol

Adventures had by ages 8-12 (writing project) [ 3 Answers ]

This isn't homework. I want to write a short story (for a contest) about a child between the age of eight and twelve. The story will be about an adventure the child has. My sons are adults. What adventures do children have nowadays? I need ideas.

Business adventures [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering buying an established business which has been created and developed over 5 years. . The business is in children's entertainment and the business has a very established contact list and pre weekly booking which are set up. My concerns are around keeping this business running,...

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

View more questions Search