Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grace_1125 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 08:29 AM
    My Guy goes back to his ex
    Hi... I met a wanderfl guy nearly 2 years ago who at the tme was involved with a girl that was living with someone else,so whatever reason she never left her guy for my guy(sorry if its confusing ) anyway he said he had feelings when we first met but they were never going to get anywhere,, then out of the blue 6 months ago she left her guy and has moved into the next street to us... then my ex wanted space a few weeks ago so I left for three weeks with him chasing and begging and then once I was home got cold feet... to which I left again a week ago and then he txt to ask how I was... then I said I needed the truth so yesturday my ex took me for a walk and told me he could no longer give me what I want and he keeps letting me down and he still has mixed feelings over this girl as she begs and pleads and tells him she has now left (suppose he at least he told me some truth there but that a massive part of him loves me :( will this work with this other person or do I just cut my losses thanks
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jun 6, 2011, 08:40 AM

Your subject line sums up your situation better than your entire post. I can hardly make out what is actually going on!

Anyway, my understanding is that your boyfriend is still interested in his ex-girlfriend and cannot decide if he wants to be with you or her.

If that is correct, all I can say is that if anyone I was with was torn over me and an ex, I'd make the decision for them in about 0.1 seconds.

I guess this guy 'massively' loves you and her? Please.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Jun 6, 2011, 08:42 AM
    From men's point of view: There could be two possibilities.
    1. You guy has mixed feelings and confused to make a decision. This is a rare case
    2. Most common. He wants to let you go, but feels guilty of hurting you. Guess if you say that you are no longer interested in him he will let go of you easily.
    Think it is time to move on and find someone who loves you with whole of his heart and not dividing it to others.

Jun 6, 2011, 08:49 AM
    I agree it seems he has been confused for so long-he has let me go as he has hurt me all along and he knows this... its fine and then she pops up out of the blue... mad situation... clearly he has unfinished business
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2011, 09:04 AM

Then leave him to his unfinished business and go about your own.

No point trying to unpack somebody else's baggage for them!

Jun 6, 2011, 12:12 PM
    I was thinking and there is also this other possibility. If he had been involved with her for a long time, when she comes back to him in a devastated situation, there is a high chance that he would feel responsible for her. Has he discussed to you anytime after she came back, about what that other girl went through, and stuff like that? If yes, then it is easy to clear his mind. And also, how long was their relation?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 02:22 PM

anyway he said he had feelings when we first met but they were never going to get anywhere,,
    You had fair warning he wasn't ready for a serious adult relationship, and you have no choice but to leave him to his own consequences.

Jun 8, 2011, 12:37 AM
    Comment on BK201's post
    Yes that is what he said.. he has mixed feelings about the both of us... im the real one he said while she was the affair

Jun 8, 2011, 01:56 AM
    Comment on BK201's post
    Grace1125, what do you think about, giving him a time limit to think about what he really wants and make a clear decision? Time = a set time, say a week or so.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 07:29 AM

His words and actions don't match. But they are very clear for you to get on with your own life.
    AngelGirl1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_1125 View Post
    Yes that is what he said..he has mixed feelings about the both of us...I'm the real one he said while she was the affair
    Honestly, a guy can say anything just to get the result he wants.. not saying that he didn't tell you the truth, but he could be saying the same thing to her about you... just something to think about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about this guy-can I get him back? [ 23 Answers ]

Threads merged I was interested in a guy at work and he was interested in me but I'm very passive and shy and I guess I didn't respond to his flirtations the way he wanted. He ended it and has been dating a younger woman. He usually dates younger women but I look a lot younger so maybe he...

How to get a guy back [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I started meeting a guy for a week or two and got on well, we decided to be friends just texting each other and watching films and going to the cinema which was nice, and meet up out once or twice which was nice. He told me the first time that I meet him that he was with a girl for...

I like this guy how do I get him to like me back [ 3 Answers ]

Right... I like this guy a lot from round the village where I live and I don't what to do I think I scared him off because sencond time we met I tried to make everything happen so fast but then couple weeks later my friend ask him out for me and he said no because we hardly see each other, but we...

About a guy that came back as a woman [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a movie I think it came out in the early 80's (maybe late 70's).It's about a guy that was killed by 3 women, where "god" couldn't decide where he should go because even though he treated women very badly, other aspects of his life were good, so if her could find one...

View more questions Search