Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MCSTRIKE Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Chatting up a potential date
    If I see someone that I like I will never go up to them as I don't know how to start a coversation but once I get talking to them I know that I would be fine and start talking to them about what they do for a living and their interests etc and maybee throw in a compliment about them to as I know women like that. Its just them frist few words that I seem to worry about. As any of you got any ideas of what to say as an a opening line, obviously you start with Hi but what comes after that?

Maybee I worry about it too much and need to stop thinking about messing it up and just do it and stop been so scared about rejection.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2007, 06:21 AM
    You answered your own question!! (;

If your always worried about messing up, you will mess up.

You need to relax and let things go with the flow. Being scared of rejection

Of course is a major reason why a lot of people do not approach somebody.

The only thing I want to add, is you never know until you try. That you may get some

Nos and you might get some yeses but at least you can say to yourself that you

Actually made the attempt to approach. Be yourself. If you try to be somebody your

Not just to impress it will not work out.

Joe
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jan 28, 2007, 06:23 AM
    The best advice I can give you is don't over think it. The worst mistake you can make is to sit back and run through possible conversations in your mind... you run the risk of somebody else beating you to the punch, and you also risk getting flustered if you've thought through something and then her response is something different than you expected.

As far as what to say first, there's nothing that's absolutely right (although there are a whole lot of possibilities that are absolutely wrong... ). I always vary mine based on a quick appraisal (manner of dress, the way they carry themselves, where their attention focuses, whether they look at the ground or straight ahead, etc) and location (bar, sidewalk, bookstore, funeral... ) and come up with something that's tailored to them and the situation. If all of that is overwhelming, you can fall back on something about yourself, but that's a dangerous way to go... you have to make sure that it's something innocuous and simple that isn't completely out of place.

In the end, there's nothing for it but to get out there and do it. Meet people, hone your conversation skills, and find out what does and doesn't work... even with the same girl and situation, you and I would likely do better with different openings simply because we're different people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chatting online [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get to know d location of the person who is currently chatting to me?

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Chatting client ban. What to do for chat? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, In my office chatting on other than company people not allowed. But, in some case if I need to chat with some friends for necessary stuff I want some Java chatting site address if someone knows please. Help me giving address of that chatting site addresses... Thanks !

Can I get to know d location of the person who is currently chatting to me? [ 35 Answers ]

Can I get to know d xact location (country / city / street / house num.) of the person who is currently chatting to me?

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search