Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speciallady76 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2011, 06:21 PM
    What is the sol for credit card debts in Georgia
    I had a credit card with discover and the people that bought the debt from them is a lawyer office and at first I was making payments and then missed one payment and they sent back my check and then they garnished my wages in 2007. Four years have passed and now they are messing with me once again to try to get payment for this debt. How do I get these people off my back
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 06:26 PM

Since you say they garnished your pay in 2007, that means they have a judgement, so there is no SOL any longer, the SOL is merely the time they have to file for a judgement, since they already have one, there is no SOL any longer.

Not knowing when they got the judgement, ( you should know since they had to file against you in court) But a judgement will be good for 10 years and they can easily get it extended.

Jun 5, 2011, 06:41 PM
    So being that there is no sol what should I do now cause now they have file a post juddgement of interrogatories. They say I can contact them what advice can you give me

Jun 5, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    So what should I do now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card debts [ 1 Answers ]

I received a letter to respond with a written answer in terms used in chapter 802 of the Wisconsin statutes. What is this and is this a open court that I can attend? I am being sued by a credit card co.

Ok so we entered into a credit settlement company and they have done a great job thus far we've been with it for 14 months now and settled about 9 credit cards, I do not work, we have no house, no land, and no money or I wouldn't be here. Our car is still be paid on also. I responded to all of...

My brother died leaving a total of $70K credit card debts. His wife received some life insurance benefit which exceeds $70K. Is his wife liable for the credit card debts even if she is not a co-signer? There is no estate except a residence which is a Joint tenancy property and is now solely owned...

Credit Card SOL in AL [ 2 Answers ]

I have a credit card that was charged off in 10/2003. It has been sold to an attorney that is trying to collect. What is the SOL in AL for this type debt? I have not agreed that it is my debt and I personally have not spoken to the firm.

View more questions Search