Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 6, 2011, 04:54 PM
    You are very welcome. Yes, do let us know if the activity changes while she is gone. Some spirits do act differently around different people. Feel free to ask whatever you need to on here. We look forward to hearing from you.
    ladyMar Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Thank you hauntinghelper. I have some news, my printer has started to go crazy and won't stop going on and off. I unplugged it, so then my stereo has started to turn itself on and off, I have unplugged that. Last night I thought someone had broken into the house and turned on the TV and I woke up to the TV at full volume and I was afraid I will admit that and I finally got the courage to go downstairs and turn off the television and no one but myself was in the house. Finally, I got to sleep and then I woke up this morning to discover that my laptop had turned itself on during the night. Another thing, I took CalifDadOf3's advice to put a camcorder on to record during the night but it has not shown anyone or anything. An hour ago the house alarm started and I ran downstairs and turned it off. Not a single door had been opened and no one else is in the house. I am now waiting for a friend of mine to come over and stay here. I feel quite nervous. I am also feeling as though I have a slight fever and I sense someone watching me. I don't like this feeling. My partner has gone to Australia so is very far from the UK. I am considering staying with my parents tomorrow night, I do not want to go there now it's late and I will worry them. How would I go about getting this investigated? What route/s do you think I could take?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyMar View Post
    Thank you hauntinghelper. I have some news, my printer has started to go crazy and wont stop going on and off. I unplugged it, so then my stereo has started to turn itself on and off, I have unplugged that. Last night I thought someone had broken into the house and turned on the TV and I woke up to the tv at full volume and I was afraid I will admit that and I finally got the courage to go downstairs and turn off the television and no one but myself was in the house. Finally, I got to sleep and then I woke up this morning to discover that my laptop had turned itself on during the night. Another thing, I took CalifDadOf3's advice to put a camcorder on to record during the night but it has not shown anyone or anything. An hour ago the house alarm started and I ran downstairs and turned it off. Not a single door had been opened and no one else is in the house. I am now waiting for a friend of mine to come over and stay here. I feel quite nervous. I am also feeling as though I have a slight fever and I sense someone watching me. I don;t like this feeling. My partner has gone to Australia so is very far from the UK. I am considering staying with my parents tomorrow night, I do not want to go there now it's late and I will worry them. How would I go about getting this investigated? What route/s do you think I could take?

When you run the camcorder you need to put it on the highest setting so it lasts as long as possible. And if the house is going to be dark you might want to try an IR filter if it has that capability.

Jun 8, 2011, 04:51 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    No the room was not dark I have been leaving a night lamp on the rest of the house has been dark but I left the camera on just in my bedroom facing the side of the room where my printer and laptop, stereo, iPod and so on. I did not take the camcorder with me when I went downstairs last night or this evening. My camera is a sony EX3 two memory cards which can capture up to 180mins of video when recording in HQ.

Jun 8, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Capturing something on video can be exciting of course, but I think for your situation that appliances being on like that is proof enough. I'm very comfortable believing that you have a spirit in your home. I want you to know that I do not believe the spirits that interfere with us in this life are or ever were human spirits. It might be something to do with your home or with you... that might take some "digging around". Either way, you have something in your home you want gone. The best way to get something to leave is to figure out what it really is.

Jun 9, 2011, 08:10 AM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    Thank you so much hauntinghelper. How would I go about figuring out what it really is? I haven't had to deal with a situation like this ever before.

Jun 9, 2011, 07:03 PM
    This is where I believe the bible is the only verifiable source on these matters. I believe it gives us a very clear understanding of the spiritual world and the entities that you are dealing with in your home.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 9, 2011, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    This is where I believe the bible is the only verifiable source on these matters. I believe it gives us a very clear understanding of the spiritual world and the entities that you are dealing with in your home.
    Im sorry but the bible isn't written that way. In fact there are many beings that are spoken of that could be causing this to happen. It could also be something very normal. We don't know yet and don't have enough facts or evidence to make a determination.

Jun 10, 2011, 05:21 AM
    The OP seems very aware that something else is going. What she has described is very common with hauntings. Quite frankly NOBODY from this forum can physically go to her home and verify these statements. It's time we just take what they say seriously and work with them where they are. And I'm sorry but the bible IS written that way and it's very apparent you know very very little of the subject. Califdad I am tired and done with these same conversations with you. No doubt you're a great skeptic, but you are not one who really seems to be able to help those that might have a problem in their homes related to spiritual phenomena.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 10, 2011, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    The OP seems very aware that something else is going. What she has described is very common with hauntings. Quite frankly NOBODY from this forum can physically goto her home and verify these statements. It's time we just take what they say seriously and work with them where they are. And I'm sorry but the bible IS written that way and it's very apparent you know very very little of the subject. Califdad I am tired and done with these same conversations with you. No doubt you're a great skeptic, but you are not one who really seems to be able to help those that might have a problem in their homes related to spiritual phenomena.
    I know far more then you could even imagine. Your being ignorant of things doesn't help. You seem to think there is only one answer when you don't even know what the question is. The bible speaks of many types of spirits and beings. Not just one. I accept what the OP has said but inorder to solve the problem you need to know what's actually going on. You may not like it but science does have many things to say in this area and no religion has cornered the market. This is an open forum and respomdents are going to come from all walks and attitudes so your just going to have to deal with it.

Jun 10, 2011, 02:57 PM
    Update, I have an electrician coming over tomorrow afternoon to check the wiring in the house and to run some other tests to see if I have any electrical faults. I will let you guys know the outcome. Thanks for your help and advice.

Jun 11, 2011, 05:32 AM
    Yes, let us know. Obviously if he finds something that could explain all these that will be that. I just can't think of any faults in residential wiring that could cause what you explain. Time will tell! Keep us posted.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Comment on tkrussell's post
    Great information .
    I would like to see you as part of an investigative team. It would be the first I have encountered with a member that actually knows what the hell he is doing.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 07:16 AM
    ladyMar
    Junior Member, U.K

I want to thank everyone for getting back to me. I do appreciate your time and advice and ideas. I want to add that the reason I unplugged my laptop is because I have taken the battery out of it and plugged it into the plug socket. I have a surge adaptor that I connect all of my electrical equipment too. I am a broadcast technician so familiar with power surges and how to reduce/avoid them. I have also had an electrician check out my wiring at home and he has said everything appears to be absolutely fine. Furthermore, my partner had no idea of my experiences until she had experienced it herself in my room. Also, she had told me a few months after we got together that she doesn't like being left alone in my room and felt a presence, after that I shared my experiences with her. I have told her that I have written on this forum and we have been reading through the replies. She also pointed out to me that this also often occurs at around 3am every evening that the electric appliances will turn themselves on including my iPod which is not plugged into anything. She often wakes up at 3am for not apparent reason and notices that something has turned itself on. Also, sometimes they turn themselves on then off again a short while later. To be honest, I am not afraid of the presence, only once was I afraid and that was the first time that I had experienced it which was a years ago.
    Since this will be the second electrician checking things over I am very interested in what is found.
    This is the best way to find out what is going on. Elimination of possibilities step by step.
    It is always best to keep an open mind regardless of your beliefs or opinions and gather all available information before you act in any direction.

Knowledge is power.

Jun 11, 2011, 04:59 PM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    Electrician found absolutely nothing wrong. I he spent three hours in the house checking everything. I asked him to return on Monday and he is going to do so and run some more tests to check for power surges. He has also tested my electrical equipment too so to be sure that they are safe and nothing strange happening with them. I also spoke to the telephone company to check my internet and my telephone line to run some tests on them to ensure they are functioning as usual. I want to eliminate every possibility.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 05:03 PM

Also you need t ensure that your computer isn't turning on automatically. Like set to turn on for updates or turn on by the net. Be sure to turn it off and not to "sleep mode". If you have your laptop sync with your iPod then one can turn on the other.

Jun 11, 2011, 05:35 PM
    I'm glad you're doing such a thorough investigation into this.

Jun 12, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Thank you, I do not have my laptop on sleep or hibernate it is switched and shut down. My iPod is not synced or connected to my laptop, the times it has turned itself on it has been on my beside table not plugged into anything.

Jun 14, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    Telephone company, ISP company and electrician have found no faults. I am still experiencing the same things and a few new things. I am getting quite frustrated and ignoring as much as I can.

Jun 14, 2011, 02:06 PM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits [ 9 Answers ]

What is the purpose of the individual modules/components used?

Whirlpool dryer electrical smell barell not turning? [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool dryer Model# LER762OLWO Funny squeaking sound, barrel not turning, electrical smell. What's the problem?

Electrical nfpa 70 sizing of ac equipment wire and breaker size [ 2 Answers ]

Ac equipment. Minimum circuit ampacity is 18 amps max is 40. What size wire and what size breaker?

Electrical Bench Power Equipment [ 5 Answers ]

Electrical bench power equipment. Many power switches have a safety lock key that can be removed to disable the equipment. This is typically on a red power switch that seems to universally used on this type equipment. I have misplaced one. The question is: Where can you purchase this simple...

Electrical equipment with coax lines connected backfeeding 40-60 volts through lines? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a question for any electricians. I am a cable technician and do installations for Cable,Internet,& Voice in homes. What I have encountered a lot is electrical back-feed coming through the copper coax lines feeding from vcr's and tv's in the house which are plugged into electrical outlets....

View more questions Search