Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ant1516 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 09:42 PM
    External HD Problems
    Hi All,

I have an a 80Gig hardrive that I have put into an external case but when I plug it in it does not show up under my computer.

The computer recognises it but does not show up anywhere for me to access the files that are on it.

I have tried two different external cases and neither work.

I have information on the drive already that I desperatley need and had the same problem a few months ago and a friend showed me what to do but ca't rememnber and he is out of town.

Cheers
    Anthony
    Scouter Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Is the external case using USB 2 to connect to the computer.If it is try changing the jumper on the hard drive to master. Most drives show you a diagram of the jumper palcement. If not go the internet type in the manufacturer's site in Google and then search for support for that drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a problem with my external hard drive. When it loads it will be created as drive (G) and it should be drive (F) all of my other hard drives default to (F) when loaded except one it go to (G). The software I use to access the information on the hard drive creates links like (F)...

External Drives [ 6 Answers ]

I need extra space for my Family Tree Maker software. Am considering adding an external drive to handle all of my pictures and data. Has anyone done this and is it possible.

Help - external costs [ 6 Answers ]

Okay. Here's a situation, and I cannot find any external costs. Can someone help me please? A huge superstore wants to open up in a small town. This will result in nearly all local SMEs to shut down, and will result in a net loss in employment. Also, the store is locating in a cheap, shoddy...

External costs [ 1 Answers ]

If a company chooses to outsource production to a cheaper country, what would be the external costs? I believe pollution in the new country would be, but how about the job loss in the initial country?

Help with a external drive [ 6 Answers ]

I have an external hard drive can I install a virus program on it so that I can take it to another system and then run the virus program on that system. Will this be a problem because the drive letter will change or will it not matter because the file structure will not change only the drive...

View more questions Search