Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kidder10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 11:29 AM
    I'm 10 can my friend's parents adopt me because it's urgent!
    My mom is always hitting on me and spanking me and she threatens to spank me with a instention cord the next time and her boyfriend doesn't do anything to make it better. She's spanken me with a switch and my sister with a pan. I'm scared of here and it's not a good relationship.But what If my Friends parents we're willing to adopt me? They treat me like family and they love me. Can I go with them without my mom's say?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 11:45 AM

Simple answer is no. It doesn't work that way... and its not that simple either.

It takes a lot of money... lawyers and time... BOTH your parents permission and it still requires a court to be involved.

And if either parent objects... it takes even more money, and time and there is still no guarantee the court will allow it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for friend's biological parents? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi In looking for my friend birth mom . U see she had died on dec 18/2009. Her name is ann-marie louise lampert . She ask me to find her . Before she died . So I have been work on it none stop .I need all the help I can get U see I can't let her down . I need to know I have done all I have done...

Friend's parents asking to sign a loan for them [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My friend's parents are asking me to sign a loan for their house. They filed for bankruptcy before and they won't be able to keep their house if I don't. I read up a little bit and it's a tough decision as I don't have 150k in case they can't pay for it (they say they will.) I don't know...

My friend's crazy parents [ 6 Answers ]

My friends parents have never met her boyfriend and they have been together for over 6 month and they live together now. Her parents don't like him and told her that if she wants to be with him she has to chose. He is the best thing that has every happen to her. We all like him and other than her...

My parents want to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14 and the youngest of 5 aged 18,17,16,15,14. My parents said that they'd like to adopt a baby as long we were all happy with it. I'm the only one not happy as I want to stay being the youngest, should I hide my feelings to let them adopt cause if they knew how I was feeling they'd forget...

Adopt a friend's sister's kid - paternity [ 2 Answers ]

We are pursuing adopting the unwanted child of a friend's sister. A question (among many!): No father on the birth certificate. Father that she says is the father is married with 2 kids and wants NOTHING to do with the child. Another guy, who she originally told was the father and now she says is...

View more questions Search